Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    midgetmike1010 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 01:49 AM
    iPod touch tilt problems
    I have an iPod touch 2nd gen and it was working fine until recently I noticed the tilt sensor randomly glitched out. By this I mean the iPod thinks it is slightly tilted when held evenly horizontal. I proved this when I went to play the app falling balls and I had to hold it on an angle to keep the little man in the middle. When I hold it straight he runs to one side because of the defect. Is there anything I can do to repair this personally or do I have to send it back to apple.
    midgetmike1010 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 02:00 AM
    Someone please help if you know anything about this
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jul 31, 2009, 08:11 AM

Some games set the level when the app starts.. so.. place it flat and start it.. see if that works.

Other apps let you set the level in settings.
    Other apps are just set at an angle so you don't have to hold it flat to play (because glare can be an issue)

(im fairly sure there was no settings in falling balls)

Try a restart (hold home + power till it goes black. Let go. Now press power till the apple shows.. wait... wait more... it takes a bit)
    Then try again.
    Jadiefish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 02:19 PM
    Restore the iPod touch. It Fixes the problem. Trust me. Then just back up your iPod, to get all the settings and music, etc.
    nicksta333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 08:34 PM
    This is very common for 32gb 3GS ipods I really hate this prob here's a few tips: don't restore the iPod doesent help at all, try to bring it to an apple store either replace it and transfer the memory, you can bring to best buy too. Hope it helps
    NoLimitModz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 06:01 PM
    My Ipod Just Had The Same Problem, Im Guessing The Sensor went Bad, Going to Take it To BestBuy Tomorrow And See What Gives. Will Update Tomorrow, Depending on what they say/do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ipod Touch, can't Find something [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a stupid question but I just bought this itouch a week ago but where is the battery information like "you have 2 hours left" you know what I mean, where is it?

Ipod touch 1st gen and 2nd gen [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between the first and second generation of iPod touchs?

IPod Touch/PSP [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have to be in a wifi hotspot to use the internet on these two devices? :confused: :confused: :confused:

How is the Ipod Touch? [ 5 Answers ]

Is the Ipod touch worth its money? Is it so touch sensitive that if its in my pocket will it start clickign things on its on? Does it have a hold button? Any bugs with it? Tell me how it is!

View more questions Search