Ask
    Elousia Posts: 86, Reputation: 6

Jul 16, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Why do women go with older guys?
    Can anyone shed some light?
    Khmerbodian Posts: 62, Reputation: 7
    -

Jul 16, 2009, 07:11 PM

Well I can't speak for everyone but the reason why I like older men personally (not old old maybe like 5 years) Is because they are more mature, more ready to settle down and know what they want in life (most of them)
    Khmerbodian Posts: 62, Reputation: 7
    -

Jul 16, 2009, 07:12 PM

Oh yea and they are over that stage of messing around and already know what they are looking for in a woman
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 07:12 PM

Of course not all do.

But
    1. steady job
    2. better incomes often
    3. more stable
    4. more mature
    5. closer to wanting to settle down

6. they have learned by experience on how better to treat women
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 07:19 PM

1. Better morals
    2. Self respect
    3. Respect for another person's feelings

Along with FR's reasons of course
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 07:23 PM

7. Usually aren't looking for a second mom.
    8. Relate better to feelings and more willing to talk things out
    9. Aren't hanging out with the guys more than their woman.
    10. Have a better idea how to pamper a woman by being sweet.
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Jul 16, 2009, 09:29 PM

Not a fan of this thread. Since when are women oh so mature, that they must date older to find someone on their level. Women are often the same level of maturity as their male peers. Personally I couldn't date a girl much younger than me, it would be way too stressful. Anyone with a few more years on you is going to seem wise. The second mommy complex is also insulting. It's a daddy complex to date older men and they probably welcome an obedient sexual partner. Younger girls aren't a challenge as most of them are impressed by "age standard" accomplishments and lack the same level of experience in life. If you happen to meet an older man and fall in love that's one thing, but if you exclusively date older men, then I think you have ulterior motives ($$$$$$$$).
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 09:43 PM
    Maybe we shouldn't be asking why women go for older men. Maybe the issue is that older men tend to go with younger women. The answer to that is that younger women have more of a chance of having many healthy babies. Reproductive intelligence is a very powerful thing.

Caring for infants and children is expensive, so a financially stable, older man is the best choice usually.

As far as younger women being immature? There aren't many who expect someone to do their laundry when they are young, let alone when they are 50-60 years old. Men do!
    aiyerrc Posts: 135, Reputation: 16

Jul 16, 2009, 09:44 PM

I think it just depends on the age. During college years, anywhere from 18-23, I don't think it works as well for the older guy because these girls just getting into the ways of college and partying and living on your own and are extremely immature. However once you have moved on into the real world, women look for more stable qualities in men. Call it cliché, but higher income, stable job, less premsicous with women are the main traits women look for in men, and women fresh out of school can't wait to get the "adult" life started. What better way than with a man who's already on his way? Just a thought

Personally I love older women, their lack of bull is what I most admire, and most abhor with girls younger than I.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 09:46 PM

I put a limit to 20 years younger.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 16, 2009, 09:50 PM

Women go for men with a stable job and all that jazz because it shows they can take care of themselves, and potentially a family when they're ready to settle down.

Who wants to have a family with an immature monkeyhead? Not me!
    Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 10:05 PM

Just a look at some of the dating sites, and you will see a large group or women when they put in profiles of men they are looking for, all put down incomes for the men to be over 100,000.

And I will be honest I have been approached by many much younger girls, some in their 20's.

I always hoped it was my charming looks , not my bankbook that had their attention
    Elousia Posts: 86, Reputation: 6

Jul 17, 2009, 04:20 AM

Incomes of 100,000? That's incredible! A lot of good points the women here, thanks.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 04:33 AM

Yeah I use to think gold digger and while there are gold diggers I realized one day that I was tired of losers then I realized if you ever want a guy again look at what he owns, if he works and if he knows how to manage his money because having ALL three of those things =STABILITY
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia View Post
    Not a fan of this thread. Since when are women oh so mature, that they must date older to find someone on their level. Women are often the same level of maturity as their male peers. Personally I couldn't date a girl much younger than me, it would be way too stressful. Anyone with a few more years on you is going to seem wise. The second mommy complex is also insulting. It's a daddy complex to date older men and they probably welcome an obedient sexual partner. Younger girls aren't a challenge as most of them are impressed by "age standard" accomplishments and lack the same level of experience in life. If you happen to meet an older man and fall in love that's one thing, but if you exclusively date older men, then I think you have ulterior motives ($$$$$$$$).
    I have always dated guys like a year or two younger than me and all they ever did was expect me to pick up after them and do EVERYTHING for them. If you notice even here on the bpards all the young girls coming here saying their boyfriend won't this and won't that,
    They very likely could be that way no matter what age they are but usually once a guy gets into his 30's he starts wiseing up.
    I agree that younger girls going after older men that are like 10 yrs older or more can be a daddy complex. I think guys just two to five years older is best.
    I have pretty much given up on younget guys because they always seem to treat you like a mommy/maid.

Jul 17, 2009, 09:56 AM

This phenomenon is certainly no mystery to me, however I don't want to date someone who is more interested in the life I can provide for her than the life she can provide for herself. I had a girl (my age) who was with me because of my stability. I started questioning the direction of my life because I was growing unhappy with my career. Boy did she see this as a sign of weakness and her true colors came out. She was a flippin waitress demanding I figure my life out. When I didn't in the time she expected, her immaturity (partying, flirting etc.) came completely out. Before I hit my little downward spiral, she was miss "cook for me, clean, let's pray, "I don't barhop".) It was an act.

My father was stable, became very ill and my mother left after feeling too drained to continue her life as the caretaker and breadwinner. I don't trust you women looking for financial security. I want someone who can love me at my worst.

Jul 17, 2009, 09:57 AM

I agree with both the mommy complex and daddy complex.

Since I don't date girls (haha), I don't have a first hand experience of the daddy complex, but I had an ex once who not only was a momma's boy (he wouldn't kiss me without his mom's permission! D: ), he treated me like I was supposed to be his mom as well! I hated it!

I would much rather date someone older than me. Not TOO much older, but better than younger, in my opinion.

Jul 17, 2009, 10:03 AM
    I might be expecting too much, but I'd honestly rather die alone than be left in a time of need. I understand "nesting" instincts, but if men were as "practical" about their needs to procreate and survive, we would never get married. We would just spawn offspring with as many suitable women as we could afford.

Jul 17, 2009, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia View Post
    This phenomenon is certainly no mystery to me, however I don't want to date someone who is more interested in the life I can provide for her than the life she can provide for herself. I had a girl (my age) who was with me because of my stability. I started questioning the direction of my life because I was growing unhappy with my career. Boy did she see this as a sign of weakness and her true colors came out. She was a flippin waitress demanding I figure my life out. When I didn't in the time she expected, her immaturity (partying, flirting etc.) came completely out. Before I hit my little downward spiral, she was miss "cook for me, clean, let's pray, "I don't barhop".) It was an act.

My father was stable, became very ill and my mother left after feeling too drained to continue her life as the caretaker and breadwinner. I don't trust you women looking for financial security. I want someone who can love me at my worst.
    I'm really sorry that happened to you. But, not all women are that way. Financial stability is important, but it's not more important than the person they are in a relationship with. If a woman loves you, she will stick with you through your worst.

But you can't say "I don't trust women who want financial security" because who doesn't want to be secure? Just because someone longs to be in a financially secure position doesn't make them a user or a liar. Unfortunately, like in your case, there are women who use it as a front and leave when things get tough.

The right woman won't leave you when things get tough, but wanting to be secure is no crime.

Jul 17, 2009, 10:19 AM

I don't think so. Reread this board. Look at all the complaints. It's funny, this economy is not going to bounce back any time soon. Security is an illusion, one that this country (U.S.) has more stock in than just about any other on this planet. We are living in turbulent times and people are going to have to dig a lot deeper than they are used to, to survive. I greatly admire the previous generations of our country (WW1, depression, WW2 etc,). I believe we have seen the pinnacle of our decadence. (I hope not, I'm just preparing myself).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Older men and younger women [ 5 Answers ]

There's a 40 something old man and a 32 year old woman. They get on well and "click". He told her he liked her couple of years back but she was never attracted or interested. They got together when he went to see her new bathroom (he is in the building trade) and since getting to know each other...

Younger Men vs. Older Women [ 4 Answers ]

Why do younger men (20 something) like older women (35 +)? Are they just looking for a good time? Do they ever think that there could be a future? :confused:

Older Women [ 2 Answers ]

I ended up with an older woman at a club last night. She looked OK for a 57-year-old. In fact, she wasn't too bad at all, and I found myself thinking that she Probably had a hot daughter. We drank a bit, and a had a bit of a snuggle, and she asked if I'd ever Had a Sportsman's Double. ...

Aren't older women great? [ 4 Answers ]

After being married for 44 years, I took acareful look at my wife one day And said, "Honey, 44 years ago we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25-year-old gal. Now I have a $500,000...

Older Women & Da young guys [ 4 Answers ]

I really like older women-older then me twentys,thirtys, and even early fourtys. I'm a grown man but I got that baby face so when I go to try and talk to an older honey they response sometimes is I'm to old for you and mostly you to long.So my question is what can I do or say to these ladies when...

View more questions Search