Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Khmerbodian Posts: 62, Reputation: 7
    -

Jul 16, 2009, 06:29 PM
    Nothing seems to be working!
    Hello! I gave birth 2 years ago and I've barely lost any of the weight! I walk 2 miles a day and do about 100 crunches. It doesn't seem to be doing a thing for me, besides giving me more muscles and my stomach is still a little flabby! Any tips on how to LOSE weight instead of making just muscles?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 06:31 PM

Eat lots of fruits and veggies, increase fiber. Lean protein cut out fast food. No soda or junk food.
    -

Jul 16, 2009, 06:33 PM

OK that I can do easily! So does anyone have any good exercises to firm up the stomach and some to make my arms a little smaller?
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 06:36 PM

Push ups is good to strengthen your core as well as your arms. Situps are great for the core as well. A good exercise program in my opinion is mma karate (mixed martial arts). You burn the most calories per hour and you will notice weight loss and muscle development within 90 days.
    -

Jul 16, 2009, 06:41 PM

That is an awesome idea! I've always been interesting in kickboxing and things like that! Lucky me there's a Bally's right next door to my school! I just have to save up the kazillion dollars to join >.<
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 06:44 PM

Wait till they have a sale... or just tell them you want the opportunity to try out there gym before you make a decision suggest to them a month! That way you get to figure out which class best suits you.
    doghairz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 11:36 AM
    My son is almost 2 years old too. The only thing I have found is drinking lots of water and watching what you eat. Cardio also helps... this is my second kiddo and seems like this time is much harder than the first for me. I gained 80 pounds with my pregnancy and have lost only 50 so far. I guess the older you get the harder it is.
    tabslongs89 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MoodsterMan View Post
    First off, you don't lose FAT buy doing Strength Training exercises.. or you lose so little calories that it isn't beneficial.

You need to have a calorie gap (Intake less calories then you weigh) for example. Also.. eat smaller portion meals every 2 hours and make sure they are full of veggies. Drink lots of water, do cardiovascular activity like walking, biking, running etc.. and don't eat fatty/ greasy food too much.

Good luck! If you need any help or have any questions just ask.
    You can and will lose fat by strength training... there's a link to an article about it and there's many more like it out there. Your resting metabolic rate - just sitting around - can be raised by having more muscle since muscle tissue uses more calories than fat tissue therefore leading to weight loss - it's a well known fact.

Bodybuilding.com - Joe Franco - 10 Reasons Why Women Should Do Resistance Training.

On this page, down a little bit, there's two articles from a mom who is fit - perhaps it could benefit you! - Bodybuilding.com - Female Training Articles!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual fuel rheem furnace not working, defrost control board replaced still not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I have a Rheem furnace and is only one year old. Recently my furnace didn't come on so I had someone come out and look at it and it turns out it was the defrost board on the heat pump that was bad. I replaced the board with a new one and turned the system on and it worked on heat and...

Furnace burner keeps working even if the blower is not working [ 3 Answers ]

My gas furnace (Trane XL80) this morning started to smell like plastic was burning from the registers, I went to check the furnace and noticed that the blower wasn't working so I turned the breaker off. My question is, should the burner had to turned off if the blower wasn't working for some time?

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

Previously working electrical outlets stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone A wall of electrical outlets in my kitchen just stopped working. They were working just fine about a month ago. I tried checking the circuit box, and turning the circuits on/off just to make sure anything that has been tripped was turned on back again. But it didn't work for the...

View more questions Search