Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickcsvdubs Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 11:33 AM
    Word 2003 problem!
    Using word 2003 (office 2003) I created a document and saved it. While checking over the doc I noticed I made an mistake in the header. When I corrected the mistake the text was red and a vertical line appeared outside the header text box. When I printed the doc, the line printed. How can I correct this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Oh I did make sure that no borders were applied and tried to make the text black again... no luck!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Sounds like the document may have been reviewed (tracking changes) and the tracking marks are printed. Check Under Tools > Track Changes to turn it off. You may still have to accept all changes for the marks to go away.
    rickcsvdubs Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 11:46 AM
    THANK YOU!! That was it, I must have accidentally hit that when I was in the tools menu changing one of the paragraphs.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 11:48 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word 2003 slow down [ 3 Answers ]

I use XP Pro and Office 2003. After I completed a Windows Update and all patches completed Word 2003 runs like a dog for a couple of minutes. I can hear my hard drive working when I bring up a Word doc and delays affect my mouse movement until something times out and releases it. This goes on...

Win server 2003: unique problem [ 6 Answers ]

One morning, I cannot log on to the domain. All clients cannot logon. Netlogon is not working so I cannot use mapped drives. I cannot run tool like DCdiag. Event viewer - Event ID 13516 - FRS (File replication service) is no longer preventing the computer... from becoming a domain controller. ...

2003 Civic Speedometer Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Civic DX, 39K miles, 5 speed. Driven easy its whole life by a girl. Speedometer got stuck randomly while driving one day, and would fluctuate up and down on its own...then when I'd be stopped, it would read 30mph as zero. Took into dealership and they recalibrated the...

Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish. [ 1 Answers ]

For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo". I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes. Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to...

MS Word 2003: Bullet Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Normally to create bullets I just type an asterik at the start of my paragraph. When I go down to the next line, word replaces this asterik with a bullet for me and indents the paragraph accordingly. Trouble is that I seem to have hit a key combination that has turned this shortcut...

View more questions Search