Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosebud135 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 16, 2009, 12:57 AM
    Why did my mom pick her loser husband over me?
    K so my step dad and my mom have been together about 11 years now. Before he went to jail she told me how much she hated him and hopes he dies because she wants all his money and that's the only reason why she stays with the loser. When he was in jail I would go to her house all the time and we would hangout and talk about everything. I finally felt that I had a mom for the first time in my life. (I live with my dad and always have) stepdad was only in jail for 6 months and since the months has been over (march) I've only talked to her twice and only saw her once. I miss her so much but told her I wouldn't stay the night with him there. She told me that she was going to leave him and instead she loves him more then ever and never says a bad thing to him. Even though he did the worst thing he could possibly do to my mom. I don't want to call her because ill feel akward. I haven't talked to her since mothers day. I want to just go to her house but I feel that she would get mad at me. Should I call her anyway or just wait to see if she calls me at all?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 02:21 AM

Not to sound harsh, your mom is a loser too. Any mom who chooses a man over her own child is a loser. Any mom who lets them be raised by someone else has problems or is very selfish. Your mom must have low self esteem for being with this man or she dose not give a damn.

Please continue with your life. You can feel secure in knowing your dad loves you.
    Khmerbodian Posts: 62, Reputation: 7
    -

Jul 16, 2009, 12:15 PM

My aunt is like that. she chose her bf over her kids! a bf who told her he wouldn't marry her until she was a size 4! So she busted her butt at the gym and guess wat? Shes a size 4 and they still aren't married! The person above me is right. She sounds like she has no self esteem and no respect for herself. I can't imagine leaving my son for anything in this universe!Some people just don't have maternal instincts I guess. It's sad but true! become closer with your father if possible and spend alot of time with him maybe write your mom a letter and tell her how you feel?
    Khmerbodian Posts: 62, Reputation: 7
    -

Jul 16, 2009, 12:16 PM
    sorry for the textspeak..im just so used to it bf=boyfriend
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:12 PM

Often when we make bad decisions we feel stuck and we often do not have or else can not see any options that look workable. Often we let the mess take over our life and don't even see what is wrong or how dysfunctional it is.
    Either she is just using the excuse of staying for his money to justify staying or she may be that money hungry that she isn't looking at reality.
    We really can't figure out what is in your moms head. What all has she said about why she stays? Has she looked for ways out of the relationship?
    horriblemom Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2009, 07:55 PM

Call her. Being mad and resenting her will only hurt you.
    rosebud135 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 22, 2009, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by horriblemom View Post
    Call her. Being mad and resenting her will only hurt you.

Yea but what do I say to her?
    The only thing she will want to talk about is her husband.
    Then ill just get mad/upset and explode at her...
    :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in love with a loser [ 6 Answers ]

Wow I know he's a loser this should be a open and closed case right! Well its not! We had 3 years in he's was my best friend we definitely can talk about everything and relate on so many levels he just lazy he won't work and waiting for the "big payoff". Me on the other hand will work my fingers to...

Loser or better? [ 4 Answers ]

So where can I start huh? Lol well a short version of this is my fiancé is kind of a loser... No aspirations, treats his mom like crap, no goals, he's rude to all my friends, rude to all his friends, (to paint a picture for you, he spits,burps, and farts in front of any one at any time, my friend...

Trying to get my loser ex rights taken away [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 11 month old little girl and her father only ever sees her when its convent for him. He has no job and spends all of him money on buy and smokeing pot. He won't quit to get a better job to support her. And when he dose see her he has his mom take care of her so he can call me and make...

Are you a loser? [ 21 Answers ]

What is your definition about "loser"? I constantly think people are losers if they drop school because they spent their money traveling instead of paying tuition, or people made big mistakes at work(like talking rubbish about boss,steal stuff), or people who don't pass tests because they don't...

Husband or Old Flame, who to pick? [ 4 Answers ]

16 years ago I met the most amazing person while working at my first job. We had a lot in common then and still do today. Back then I was dating someone and when we broke up the first time, Shane and I dated for some time. We truly enjoyed being around each other and there was a connection...

View more questions Search