Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylor2012 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 11:12 PM
    How to I be happy? Seriously
    Well,latley I've just been real down. There's many of reasons. Thinking about it makes me even more sad and I know what your going to say "Well dont think about it". You can't just not think about it. Anyway,I've read many of ways to get happy,but it takes time and that's what I don't have. I just want to know at least a way to get happy in little time. Im probably going to just keep blabbering on,but it just feels nice to let it out a little. Well last night I wrote a whole 2 pages of stuff that makes me,me.. (unique things about people interest me). I know weird but oh well. It made me pretty pumped up and hyper and stuff. But now that's gone again. I think there's something wrong with me but I don't know I'm not a doctor or anything. Im talking about mentally,like I'm not bipolar or anything. But the littlest things get me down,and no one else I know is like that. And when they get me down,buddy they get me down. And sometimes I just feel so alone,and recently the one person I could talk to about everything and just make everything seem so perfect,won't talk to me and I think he's iggnoring me. Idk what I did but man I wish I didn't. Its killing me. He made everything better and made all the weight lift off my shoulders. Just made everything seem right,you know? Anyway,I'm not even sure what I'm asking.. just needed to know if anyone else feels like this and what they do to help. No I'm not depressed. And no I don't think about suicide or anything like that... im just,really sad. I wish I knew what made all this happen and how I can fix it. I honestly don't see how some people are happy all the time and their life is perfect and nothing goes wrong? This an't a fairytale people. But if you are one of those people,how do you do it? Does anything go wrong in your life? If so,how do you handle it? I love hearing peoples opionons,so let me hear them,please. See? What did I tell you,I was going on blabbering about nothing real important. Bla,I don't know what to do.. mabye I should just get out more or something. Ive been cooped up in the house for about a few week and haven't done much. But I don't know. Im not even sure what the question I'm asking is. Oh well,if you have any opinions or anything let me know.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 11:29 PM

First of all, no one's life is perfect. If you could follow someone 24/7 for a week, you would find out that person is very much like you (and me), with ups and downs in moods.

Stop obsessing over how you feel or don't feel. Stop obsessing over how perfect everyone else's life is. How do you stop obsessing? Move out of your comfort zone and do something creative or positive. You didn't say how old you are, so I'm not sure about your ability to get around on your own. If you can manage it with some kind of transportation, get a volunteer job at an animal shelter or a library or a nursing home. Start giving back to your community.

You said you like to write? Then set a time every day, say, in the evening before bed, when you write for fifteen minutes. Write about the positive things that happened that day or write about an interesting person you met or write about what you ate or the weather. The main thing is to write. Use a wire-bound notebook and a page per day and date each page.

Do these things for a month and then let us know how it's going.

Jul 15, 2009, 11:38 PM

That's pretty good idea.thanks :)
    I'm 15 so I can't really get out on my own yet.
    I heard this saying once "If everyone threw all there problems in one pile and had to pick,then you would end-up grabbing your back." that really did make me think,I mean I have a good family and roof over my head and all that.. but I don't know,I'm just missing something I'm my life. Honestly I just got out of a really bad controlling relationship 2 months ago. Mabye that has something to do with this? Again I don't know I'm not a doctor or anything. Im just missing something I'm my life and man I just can't figure out what it is. I really wish I knew.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    First of all, no one's life is perfect. If you could follow someone 24/7 for a week, you would find out that person is very much like you (and me), with ups and downs in moods.
    Don't forget how annoyed they'd be for you following them around for a week! XD

Unfortunately, like you said, it takes time. There is no real way around that. (Yes, you can have a temp fix (like writing), but as you have already learned, it's not lasting.)
    However, keep working toward it, and the results are more than rewarding enough!

BTW: This "guy" you could go to with everything, was he a boyfriend maybe?

Jul 16, 2009, 12:05 AM

no.hes like my best friends since we were 2 or 3 lol
    He helps me with everything and I help him with everything.
    I really do care about him a lot and I don't know why he's iggnoring me lately. Its really brakeing my heart and I wish I knew what I did and what to do about it.
    Thanks for answering though :)
    rosebud135 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 16, 2009, 12:09 AM

Oh I have lots of opinons. I'm 16 and I know what you mean. Last year I had a best friend and just left me hanging because he had a girlfriend that didn't like me. I'm sure you get upset about just about anything just like normal teenage girls. Im sure your upset about a certain boy, or girl. I'm sure there are rumors and I'm sure your parents might be part of the problem. All I can say is don't try to make the situation worse by getting into it. Just leave it alone and if its with a dumb that says "oh im gonna beat your " she won't. But just in case don't intaganise her. Oh and yes start going out more even if its just for a walk around the block. You get to think about things "good and bad" and you get exercise.
    :)
    Goodluck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Don't forget how annoyed they'd be for you following them around for a week! xD
    Didn't you know? You're the first on the list. We start following you around at 9 a.m. Monday morning.

Jul 16, 2009, 12:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud135 View Post
    Oh i have lots of opinons. im 16 and i know wat you mean. last year i had a bestfriend and just left me hanging because he had a gf that didnt like me. im sure you get upset about just about anything just like normal teenage girls. Im sure your upset about a certain boy, or girl. im sure there are rumors and im sure your parents might be part of the problem. all i can say is dont try to make the situation worse by getting into it. just leave it alone and if its with a dumb that says "oh im gonna beat your " she wont. but just in case dont intaganise her. oh and yes start going out more even if its just for a walk around the block. you get to think about things "good and bad" and you get excercise.
    :)
    goodluck.
    Well this past school year has probably been the worst yet.. I was in a contolling/abusive relationship the whole year. I lost %90 of my friends because of that (ive got them back now thank goodness). I got in a fight with one of my best friends and got in a fight with her and it got the principal and all of our parents involed in it. Now that that is all behind me,I'm trying to like start over and try to make peace with everyone and be a good person you know? But this is just getting in the way and hurting it all. And my guy friend (that I was talking about) he has helped me through it so so much and I just can't thank him enough,he means a lot to me. I just don't know what to do now.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Didn't you know? You're the first on the list. We start following you around at 9 a.m. Monday morning.
    Well, if YOU have really been following me, you'll know that today I took my car to the shop and fitted it with a "James Bond patented Oil Slick" to get rid of this pesky tail I have had lately... xD

Have you asked him why he is ignoring you?
    Even if he is, you can still at least get him to talk to you for a minute, I'm sure.

Whatever his reason, if you know it, it's still better than wondering. I suggest finding out, and maybe trying to get him to talk to you more.

Jul 16, 2009, 12:26 AM

Well I tried txting him but he won't ever reply.
    And he won't talk to me on myspace either.
    Its eating me up inside.
    I think he's just busy with other girls or something (hes trying to find a gf) and he's too busy for me :P
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:31 AM

Hi, taylor2012!

Anything that a person does to communicate on the Internet or via phone with typed in words is communication but potentially not the sincerest and/or genuine form of communication.

What do you think that I mean by that, please?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:35 AM

Hmm... well, if he's been your best friend for over 12 years? I'm sure you know where he lives. Drop by where he'll be next time it's on the way, and just ask him what's up.
    If he appriciates your friendship as much as you do, he'll at least give you the courtesy of talking to you.

Jul 16, 2009, 12:38 AM

Hum Clough,you confused me lol

Lol and funny you say that HelpinHere cause he moved a few weeks ago and now I have no idea where he is lol
    And yeah,I haven't realized its been that long since I've known him lol
    rosebud135 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 16, 2009, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2012 View Post
    well this past school year has probly been the worst yet..i was in a contolling/abusive relationship the whole year. I lost %90 of my friends because of that (ive got them back now thank goodness). I got in a fight with one of my best friends and got in a fight with her and it got the principal and all of our parents involed in it. Now that that is all behind me,im trying to like start over and try to make peace with everyone and be a good person you know? But this is just getting in the way and hurting it all. And my guy friend (that i was talking about) he has helped me through it so so much and i just can't thank him enough,he means alot to me. I just dont know what to do now.
    Oh yea you and me are on the same page. I think I'm in a realationship right now that certainly isn't the greatest but I can't seem to leave him. He doesn't hit me but I can't see my friends or do anything that I use to. Just talk to your friends as much as you can and although people need time to themselves try to have more friend time because you'll get your mind off A lot! Trust me it works. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:42 AM
    Hum Clough,you confused me lol

lol and funny you say that HelpinHere cause he moved a few weeks ago and now i have no idea where he is lol
    and yeah,i havent realized its been that long since ive known him lol
    I do feel badly that you're confused by what I asked, taylor2012. But, I would still appreciate it if you would try to answer the question that I asked.

Thanks!

Jul 16, 2009, 12:45 AM

You really need to get rid of him,that's what this guy did and it just ruined me.
    I wish I could talk to my friends this summer but my 2 best friends (other then my guy friend) are sooo busy all the time and I never get to talk to them or have them come over or anything. I love talking to my friends though. They're awesome. :)

Jul 16, 2009, 12:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    I do feel badly that you're confused by what I asked, taylor2012. But, I would still appreciate it if you would try to answer the question that I asked.

Thanks!
    Um I don't understand the question. Im sorry.
    Could you re-word it?
    Thank You :)
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:53 AM
    Um i dont understand the question. Im sorry.
    Could you re-word it?
    Thank You :)
    Okay, let me put things a different way then as far as asking a question concerning the topic and context of what I was inquiring of you.

If you're going to communicate with someone to let them know exactly how you think and feel, which of the following ways do you think would be the best way to communicate those things?

A. By texting via a cell phone.
    B. Via an online site.
    C. On the phone so that the two of you can actually hear each others' voice.
    D. In-person, one-on-one, face-to-face meeting.

It's okay to choose more than one. I'm just looking for your opinion and thoughts here.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, taylor2012!

Anything that a person does to communicate on the Internet or via phone with typed in words is communication but potentially not the sincerest and/or genuine form of communication.

What do you think that I mean by that, please?

Thanks!
    Rewording it:

You can communicate through the internet, cell phone, etc. but unless you are talking to someone in person it is not genuine, as you cannot see their face, hear their emphasis, etc. that makes speech the great thing it is.

What do you think he means by that?

EDIT: Nvm, he beat me to it! XD

I'm really sorry that he moved. I'm sure that when you keep trying, you'll be able to do something about it.

Jul 16, 2009, 12:58 AM

Ah I see now lol
    D. because body language is a big part in communticating.
    Dang your really smart.
    See? You couldn't see me smiling over this lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She has to be happy in order to make me happy. [ 20 Answers ]

Around August 5th of last year, my girlfriend and I broke up for the first time. We spent the next two months on and off.. until we got back together in early October. Things have been great since then... until the last couple of days. I sensed that something was wrong, and today it was confirmed....

Why Can't Be Happy With Myself [ 9 Answers ]

Im In Middle School An Im 14 Years Old Im Not Happy When I Started Middle Im Been Really Down Don't Have The Confidents No More Im Always Putting Myself Down. I Have Tried To Talk To My Parents But They Juse Don't Understand Ann I Tried Also With To Of My Bestfriends But They Don't UnderStand They...

I haven't been really happy with him [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years, we just had a baby, but for the past two years of being together, I haven't been really happy with him. He's in the military and he's always busy with so many things, but he never makes time for me. Our communication is bad, every time we talk, we...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search