Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eah78 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Comment on s_cianci's post
    No. A TPR relieves him of any obligation to pay child support. Which he has not offered to me since the day I found out I was pregnant. We were in a 2 yr relationship going on 3. I filed for a TPR when my daughter 3 days old.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 10, 2010, 06:46 PM

Thanks for finally returning with an update. Please don't use the Comments feature to post followups. Use the Answer options instead.

But I am still very surprised the court granted a TPR just because of abandonment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights of mother who's parental rights have been terminated [ 5 Answers ]

I am engaged to a man who is divorced and has a 3.5 year old son. The birth mother signed over parental rights in the 12th Judicial Circuit in Florida in Nov 2006 and has not seen her son since then. We are looking into filing the adoption paperwork a year after we marry so that I am legally...

Reinstate drivers licence. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am asking this question for mine and my husbands knowledge. We moved to Florida 3 years ago from Michigan. We had found out then that he could not get a licence here in Florida because 15 years ago he worked out of state in MD. And unfortunately got a DUI in that state. He paid his...

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

Parental RIghts [ 8 Answers ]

The man I had a baby with keeps telling me that he is putting an injuction on me to get the courts to force me to move from Nutley New Jersey where I am living with my family back into New York City so that he can be closer to his daughter. I am only 11 miles out of the city limits. Can he force me...

View more questions Search