Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrishopkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Ford f-150 coolant temperature sensor
    Where is its location on the 4.9L 6 cylinder engine? Needs replacement.
    Countryboy7239 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 01:26 AM

I can't tell you exactly where it is, but I can give you some helpful advice. Most autoparts stores sell books on vehicles. They're relatively cheap and they come in handy if you plan on owning the vehicle for a long time and doing your own repairs on them. Other than that, the way to find it is to follow your radiator return line from the radiator to the engine. You will see where the hose attaches to the place with your thermostat and the coolant temp. sensor should be right there with it. Should have one or two wires coming from it.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 06:35 AM

On the passenger side of the motor, below - not underneath - the fuel injectors.

What problem are you having? How did you determine the sensor is faulty?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low coolant sensor light on [ 4 Answers ]

I recently installed a radiator on a 1995 chevy monte carlo 6 cylinder 3.1 engine, however I am not sure if I installed it correctly, my low coolant sensor light is always on, but the coolant lever is full. Also my temperature gage is not moving all the way to the middle it seems that my vehicle...

Bad Coolant Sensor warning light [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It has a new V.I.C in it that constantly says the coolant sensor is bad. I have replaced the coolant sensor. Now what do I do? Please help -- Ace

Coolant Temp. Sensor Connector [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I found out what the problem was the coolant sensor is not connected but the problem I have now is the sensor is in the motor but the connector that connects the computer to the sensor is gone the guy before me must have cut it off sense the wiers are there but the connector is not so my...

Coolant Temperature Sensor [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace the coolant temperature sensor on a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport, 6 cyl, 2WD. Can anyone tell me where on the engine to look to find this component? Randy

01 malbu engine temp sensor coolant leak [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for your reply txgreasemonkey. Now should the new sensor come with a new o-ring and the space is very tight where the sensor is located. Any tips to removing and replacing without cracking my knuckles to death?

View more questions Search