Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JZELECTRICAL Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 09:06 PM
    Speaker connection
    I have two in ceiling speakers which are close to back wall.I am not sure I need connect them to L/R surround outputs or L Back/R back surround outputs of 7.1 receiver.what are differences between these two connections? Which one is better?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 09:53 PM

Long ago, I set up a 5 speaker surround system. For that L/R is the two front, L-Rear, R- Rear are the two backs and the Center channel gets the center stage.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Jul 16, 2009, 01:33 PM

It depends how many speakers you are running. If you are using the 7 speakers + the sub (.1) then follow this set up. THX Home Theater 7.1 Speaker System Layout
    If your just doing say 5.1 with three in the front and two behind, you would want to connect to the L/R Surround.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speaker interference [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Dell computer for about 6 years. The last few days I have been getting music, commercials, talk shows, cooking info, etc. through my speakers. This happens a few times a day, maybe for 5 to 10 minutes at a time, even when the internet is NOT on. My cable company has never heard of...

Keynote speaker [ 1 Answers ]

I love giving speaches and aspire to become a keynote speaker. How would you get a job giving keynote speaches? Where do you even begin to search for jobs as a keynote speaker?

5.1 speaker installation [ 7 Answers ]

recently, I brought logitech X 530 5.1 speakers and a SIIG soundwave 5.1 PCI sound card but for some reason when I put them together and install the softwave it come with the sound card. It didn't work. There is NO SOUND at all.

Speaker cable [ 6 Answers ]

Can any aduio guru's recommend a speaker cable that can be ran through a wall, and ran outdoors? (Commercial building) Obviously I'm no audio tech! :D

Speaker Static [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if any of you knew how get rid of speaker static that happens every time I play a PC game or a sound file --but it's not coming from the speakers themselves. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search