Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyeman303 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 08:25 AM
    Popup messege"Your firewall status is unknown"
    Windows Security Centre pops a messege at startup"Your firewall status is unknown. Please check windows security centre for recommendations." My zone alarm pro loads fine but the messege refuses to go. A scan by Spybot Search and Destroy removed a spyware called" Windows Firewall Disability Override" but at the next startup same messege appears. What's wrong?Is my firewall working? Please help.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Something's to try:
    • Ensure you are running your spyware removal tools in Safe Mode. Restart your PC, hold F8, select "Safe Mode" when prompted, proceed as usual.
    • Ensure ZoneAlarm Pro is up to date.
    • Also quick question - Have you installed anything recently? Rather interestingly I saw some post saying they had the problem and that it started after they installed Adobe Premier?!?
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Oct 17, 2006, 04:27 PM
    I use Sygate Personal Firewall, on my XP PC,and in Security Center,it tells me "at least one of your firewalls is working". It sure is Microsoft,my firewall is fine!
    I also had trouble with Zone Alarm Pro,only I "lost" my mouse curser.It did not appear on screen.Difficult to navigate,as you can imagine.I did not have spyware,a virus,or anything on-board,so I put it down to a bad install.Three installs,uninstalls,and reboots later,(my curser did appear briefly,on each occasion,to carry out "repairs"),I gave up,and decided on Sygate.
    I have Adobe Reader 7.0 installed,along with their Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0,and it all works fine.Zone Alarm is a well tested,and trusted piece of software,yet maybe "a few of us" are just unlucky.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Difference between "htm" and "html" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In all the websites I make, they all come out when loaded onto the server as a "htm" file. But I see others who have "html" files on their sites, what exactly is the difference, if any? For example: what is the difference between index.htm and index.html and will the nameservers...

View more questions Search