Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockyt Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Air purifiers
    I recently bought a purifier that purifies the air with a hepa filter that traps dust and other stuff that might be floating around and Ultraviolet light that kills the bacteria and viruses in the air and finally an ionic thingamajigy that sends out millions of ions that cling to little particles in the air and sinks them to the ground so you can't breath them in. My question was ( I should have asked before I bought it) does this really work? And if so where in the house is the best place to put it? I have two bedrooms for the kids upstairs and ours is downstairs. I put it in front of the air handler upstairs thinking it will clean all the air and the cleanair will blow all over the house. Was that good? Oh I should add we live in Florida so the air is usually on, but how about when its off ?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2006, 08:50 AM
    I recently brought one of these to help my girlfriend's asthma and it seems to have helped a little. She's sleeping better and her asthma is under control. But then again that might all change she gets a cold etc.

As for where to place it - don't expect one air purifier to do an entire house. I really thing it will only be able to do a room or similar space.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

Air "purifiers": Ozone generator vs. Ionizer [ 6 Answers ]

I use a commercial ozone generator for stinky apartments. I know they make models for everyday use so I'm thinking of one for a resident in a small 1-BR apt. Should I consider an ionizer (like this or this)instead? If so, why? I'm finding lots of info about each type - but nothing good...

View more questions Search