Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    relationship6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 10:11 AM
    In The Beginning
    I am a lesbian. In the beginning, my Partner and I had sex at least 2 times per day! My partner was very affectionate; she would always kiss me, ask for a kiss, hug me, had her hand on my leg while driving, she was always all over me. My partner would often say, "When is this honeymoon going to be over, I want you all the time"!

Now, 4 months later we rarely have sex or intimacy. If we have sex it may be twice a month. My partner never touches me anymore in any kind of way when we are alone. In public, she holds my hand sometime, touches my shoulder (the small touches). My partner does not kiss me hello or goodbye.

When trying to communicate my concerns and needs to my partner her response is that she is a very moody person and does not like to be touch (she states she has always been that way in every relationship), she is very stressed out at work, she is tired (classic), or that I am being too sensitive, etc. My partner is not loving towards me at all anymore. My partner has been to the dr. for her moodiness; but she refuses the medicines. She admits she is moody and mean (it hurts me sometimes)

Also, I am a full-figured woman (very sexy to me). In the beginning, she would always make comments about hour voluptuous I was, thick, warm and sexy in "my own way". Now, she makes cracks about my eating habits, cooking (never my weight). I am a former athlete, so I am still shapely; however, I am on meds for asthma that can effect your weight. At first she loved my body, does she still?

Please help me understand why my partner doesn't put in the work to love and meet my needs and why has her desire for me changed? She is adamant that she loves me, but I don't feel it of see it. HELP!

Tearfully,

Relationship6
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Jul 15, 2009, 10:17 AM

The honeymoon is Over. Tell her that you miss the way things Use to be, and ask her if her feelings have changed. Communication is key in situations like this.
    It could be that she is depressed, or just tired. Talking it out hopefully will help you both.

Jul 15, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebabe View Post
    The honeymoon is Over. Tell her that you miss the way things Use to be, and ask her if her feelings have changed. Communication is key in situations like this.
    It could be that she is depressed, or just tired. Talking it out hopefully will help you both.
    Paragraph 3, states that I have tried to communicate this with my partner, but she either doesn't want to talk or she says nothing is wrong to her
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 11:01 AM

If she KNOWS there is a problem, but refuses her meds... the issue isn't sex, it's that she refuses to take her meds.

She's not going to change.
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Jul 15, 2009, 01:48 PM

I guess sitting her down and saying you Have to know, Could help. It might not. She might not want to tell you what's wrong. She might not Know what is wrong.
    I agree with Synnen, it may never change. I feel sad for you.

Jul 15, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    If she KNOWS there is a problem, but refuses her meds...the issue isn't sex, it's that she refuses to take her meds.

She's not going to change.
    Well, the dr. told her the meds would make her very latargtic; but she could try the alternative of exercising; we are supposed to start golfing lesson's this saturday; she is very excited about that. Is if me holding on for false hope? My partners says her moodiness wears her out and she usually stays single because of it?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Sheesh.

She's moody - but she won't do anything about it, you're unhappy - but she won't talk about it... and it's only been 4 months. Not much that is good is happening here.

Please help me understand why my partner doesn't put in the work to love and meet my needs and why has her desire for me changed? She is adamant that she loves me, but I don't feel it of see it.
    The only person that can tell you what's happening is her. People's actions always speak louder that their words - if she's not prepared to talk to you, put in the effort and establish some reciprocity in the relationship, then I think the relationship is a dud. Forget about the 'love', this person doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

Your partner keeps making excuses about her behavior and doesn't seem inclined to examine herself or change - sure, there may be issues in the past that have made her this way - but there doesn't seem to be any preparedness to deal with them.

I would challenge her - is she prepared to invest in the relationship and in her own personal growth by working on her issues? If the answer is no, I'd be seeking good sex and friendship elsewhere.

Do you really need a moody, mean, critical partner? Of course not!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 10:18 PM

Sounds like depression could have set in maybe. I know you have talked to her, but have you specifically said 'i think you should see a therepist?'
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 05:13 AM

If she has issues, and knows about them and still refuses to take her meds, as I understand is the case... she doesn't much care... so why stress about it, find someone else.

Anyone who truly cares for someone does not cause them a lot of grief. And I see a lot of grief here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beginning of Alien abduction [ 5 Answers ]

When did people first begin reporting alien abductions?

I have had cramps since the beginning of December, am I going to start me first period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have had cramps since beginning og December and I've just started getting discharge. Am I going to start my period soon?

I'm beginning to think I'm wasting my time [ 2 Answers ]

So for the past year I have been on and off with this guy. For the most part he is a pretty good guy. But we have had issues. In apirl I found out that I was pregnant and had a miscarriage. When I told him he really didn't care about anything except the fact that I was a good thing he wasn't...

Beginning my own busniess [ 3 Answers ]

How do I began my own busniess?

View more questions Search