Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jul 15, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Printing press money
    Since it seems like a foregone conclusion that we are going to start up the presses and print a lot of money, I propose that we spend the money into circulation rather than borrow it into circulation.

Either way will be inflationary, and the only thing backing it will be the credit of the USA.

There would be one huge difference. If the money is borrowed, it will add to the already crushing national debt and the interest will have to be serviced. At some point, the interest will become impossible to pay.

On the other hand, if government prints the money and uses it to pay toward the budget, there would be no additional interest added to the national debt.

I would hope that the prospect of hyper- inflation would keep politicians from printing an unlimited amount of this unsecured paper, but that would be the case either way.

This might require repeal or amendment of the Federal Reserve Act, but that could be done. In fact, this might be the very time to do it.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 24, 2009, 05:52 PM
    I'm also worried that the massive U.S. debt will cause the entire world markets to crash if they don't get it under control. China is hinting that they no longer want the U.S. dollar to be their reserve currency. The problem is that the Republicans don't want to raise taxes and the Democrats don't want to cut spending even though it is obvious that both are necessary.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 06:21 PM

... and I am still a $$$$$$$$$$ $hort and a day (lifetime) late!
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    I'm also worried that the massive U.S. debt will cause the entire world markets to crash if they don't get it under control. China is hinting that they no longer want the U.S. dollar to be their reserve currency. The problem is that the Republicans don't want to raise taxes and the Democrats don't want to cut spending even though it is obvious that both are necessary.

You can not provide an instance of even one time when raising taxed did anything but cause inflation, reduce income to the government and put the real hurt on the people who pay taxes. And worse on the low income who pay little to no taxes.
    Listening to a blurp on the news tonight and the predictions are now this recession(depression) will last for another five years. Nobamas tax schemes are only making the economy worse, not better.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    I heard that too they and other countries warned us.
    Obama said he PROMISES that the health plan they pass will NOT cost us one dime more.
    I can't wait to see that one.
    Will it be yet another broken promise?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 05:05 AM

Here's proof that bucket list "stimulus" money is going to the crapper.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO SPEND STIMULUS MONEY FIXING TOILETS AROUND THE NATION - New York Post

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Introduction letter of my new printing press to various business groups [ 5 Answers ]

I have opened up a new multi colour printing press. I need help in drafting an introduction letter to introduce my printing press in the various business groups. Regards, GDS

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Printing more money [ 1 Answers ]

Can countries print extra money whenever they wish to bail themselves out of a financial crisis or do they need to secure the amount to be printed by depositing the equivalent in gold at a safe place like Fort Knox?

View more questions Search