Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rrimz Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 03:21 AM
    Breech baby
    Hi all,

I'm due 11 sept 2009 ( so I'm arnd 31w6d tdy ) during my last check up wz the gync, she said my baby has still not turned and if she doesn't by next week then they were like be prepared for c-section.

Now I want to know till when can the baby turn ? Doc said her weight is about 1.6kgs where as the ideal weight shd be 1.4kgs and also she has a big head (like her dad :-) and I'm comp small so accdg to her maybe the baby just doesn't have enuf room to turn...

Can I do something to get her turn ? Also can one feel where is the baby > I mean sometime my hubby and me feel my upper stomach tight and think we feel her head then sometime just feel its down... any clue
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jul 15, 2009, 06:01 AM

At 28 weeks I was sent for an US. Baby was breech. I am now 38 weeks and last week my doc sent me for another US to see if the baby was still breech and he turned. I would ask for an US at around 37 weeks just to be sure the baby is not still breech.
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jul 15, 2009, 11:43 AM

My daughter was breech till I was 37 weeks pregnant. Then one day she decided to flip and she was born naturally. I wouldn't worry too much, the baby has some time to turn. Good luck hun I am sure it'll be fine.
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 15, 2009, 12:21 PM
    I would seriously question why a doctor would tell you at 31 weeks the baby won't turn. I don't think either of mine did till I was between 34-37 weeks. I'm sure they have their reasons, but it's also your body. I'd be demanding very nicely another ultrasound before I let them give me a C-section.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 01:59 PM

You have time still... majority of babies will be head down by 34 weeks, and even more so by 36 weeks. A possible c-section might be discussed, but even next week is too early to be worrying about it.

A few things you can try:
    * visit a chiropractor who is trained in the Webster technique... good success rate of helping babies get into an optimum position
    * visit an osteopath
    * as long as blood pressure is normal: try the slant... lie on floor with feet up on a chair and a pillow under your hips so you are at a slant. You can do this a few times a day while watching television for about 15-20 minutes each time.
    * if you have access to a pool, go swimming and even do a few handstands in the pool (again as long as blood pressure is normal)... sounds odd, but it can sometimes do the trick
    * ask your consultant about the possibility of an external version where they will try to turn baby manually from the outside. Not comfortable, but if it works it beats a c-section

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breech baby, How do I get it to turn? [ 2 Answers ]

I asked the question a few days ago about thinking I was further along in my pregnancy as the size of my baby is like adding 4 weeks. I have just had my 35 week appointment and I have been told that my baby is now breech (If its not one thing it is another). I have been told that because of his...

Why can't the doctor tell if the baby is breech? [ 67 Answers ]

I am 29 weeks pregnant and my baby only moves below my belly button, and mostly on my right side. When I went to my doctors appointment today he told me he can't tell if the baby is breech or not. He told me that we'll have to wait for another two weeks, and then if he still can't tell, I will...

Breech Baby, really bad Rib Ache [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 weeks Pregnant and my widwife has told me that me Baby is in the breech position. I have been sufferinf for the last 3-4 weeks with really bad aches in the right hand side of my ribs (under my breast) and in my back, am sure there gonne pop out. Are these pains normal.. even with a breech...

Breech bαby [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 38 weeks αnd 5 dαys. I went to the doctor this morning αnd αppαrently my little girl decided to turn αround αnd is now breech... I'm getting α scheduαled c- section... I definαtely did not wαnt it to go this wαy.. hαs αnyone gone through this? αny αdvice.. I'm so sαd:(

Breech of contract by realtor [ 2 Answers ]

Is there legitimate cause for a claim that I can make for remuneration because the listing realtor did not advertise the home--in the paper, or on the internet--except for his own website. In addition, would not list the house because it was "March" and insisted we wait until May, when home buying...

View more questions Search