Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    an123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Prgramming the DSC PC1832
    I bought a PC1832 which gave me a big headache and spent one full Saturday without success. I connected the hardware but had major issue programming the system. Due to incorrect data entry, I believe the system locked up and all what I see is a symbol of keypad on the screen and --:--. As soon as I try to press any button, the screen goes blank and comes back with the keypad symbol and --:--. Any idea how I can get out of this mode and maybe restore the system to the default settings?

By reading more carefully through the installer manual, now I have a good understanding of programming the system, but first I have to reset the system back to the original setting.

Any help is appreciated.:(:(:(:(:

AN
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 04:52 AM

I don't have the Manual in front of me, but look in the back of the programming manual, for Restore to Factory Defaults, about location
    #998, do in the exact order. Any Expanders, receivers, or other boards should be reset to default as well.
    Be sure to enroll the Keypads, Then enable supervision(#902 I think)for about a minute, then view added boards/keypads(#903 I think)
    If using resistors(eol should be enabled), no resistors, then disable eol's. If not Monitored, disable communication(#380, I think) so you will not get a trouble light, also disable telco monitor(Maybe #15) Verify locations.
    an123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 10:18 AM
    Thank you. I found out that the keypad 1 was not enrolled correctly. The system was expecting commands from keypad 2. I had to press # for a few seconds then #1 for a few seconds, which connected the keypad 1 to the system.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 06:08 PM

Good deal, If the system is for 1 home, keypad 1 should be partition 1, keypad 1, 2nd keypad should be partition 1, keypad 2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming DSC PC1832 alarm [ 3 Answers ]

HI... How do I change the delay time on a DSC PC1832 STAY-ARM key to 30 seconds delay. Thanks

Programming a DSC PC1832 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm installing and programming a basic home security system. I'm using a DSC PC1832 control panel. I have 2 keypads and a number of devices (door and window contacts, pir's, smoke and heat detectors). The home is divided into 2 suites (owner's and tenant's) and I've partitioned the...

Programming manual dsc pc1832 [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a programming manual for a dsc pc1832. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

View more questions Search