Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christinalee1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 02:13 AM
    Can I conceive even though I have a irregular period?
    Hi everyone I'm new to this. I also would like to let you know I am married and I am 23 years old but my questioins are:confused:
    -I have a irregular period and i have ever since i was sixteen. SO my doctor put me on birth control so i would be regular and it worked. But now me and my hubby are tryin to have a baby and i have not taken birth control for the last year. But we have only been trying to concieve for the last 3months and the tests still come out negitive.
    -How do I know whan my ovalations days are with a irregular period
    --my last question is when do i take a pregancy test when i dont gave my period every month. because lately i have been feeling different mood swings all the time. cramping, visiting the bathroom all the time, everything i own is gettin VERY tight on me and i really have not gained no weight, i also find myself going to sleep late and i have to have at least 10 or more hours of sleep and being tired threw out the day!!

---Can someone help me please!!
    Thanks;)
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Oct 17, 2006, 02:44 AM
    There are fertility drugs that will help you get pregnant.
    You need to take your temp ever morning before you get out of bed.
    When it is low you haven't ovulated. When you temp goes up it means you have ovulated.

You need to make sure you do this faithfully. If you go in to the doc for fertility drugs First thing he will do is have you start monitoring your temp and charting it.

Here is a web site that will help you get started.http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

As far as knowing when to take pregnancy test. If you only have a period once every two months and it hasn't happened or you think it should have happened take a test.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 17, 2006, 04:39 AM
    Just because you are not having a period does not mean you are not ovulating. It just means that the lining of your uterus has not built up enough tissue to shed.

As for fertility drugs. Your doctor will not put you on fertility drugs until you have been trying for a year or more.

It takes most women who are "trying" at least 6 months to a year of trying before actually becoming pregnant. It is the stress of "trying" that keeps us from getting pregnant. When you are not trying there is little stress involved so it becomes easier to get pregnant.

As for irregular periods and ovulation, you may want to buy an ovulation kit to help you figure out when you are ovulating.
    Lovejoy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by christinalee1988
    Hi everyone im new to this. I also would like to let you know i am married and i am 23 years old but my questioins are:confused:
    -I have a irregular period and i have ever since i was sixteen. SO my doctor put me on birth control so i would be regular and it worked. But now me and my hubby are tryin to have a baby and i have not taken birth control for the last year. But we have only been trying to concieve for the last 3months and the tests still come out negitive.
    -How do I know whan my ovalations days are with a irregular period
    --my last question is when do i take a pregancy test when i dont gave my period every month. because lately i have been feeling different mood swings all the time. cramping, visiting the bathroom all the time, everything i own is gettin VERY tight on me and i really have not gained no weight, i also find myself going to sleep late and i have to have at least 10 or more hours of sleep and being tired threw out the day!!

---Can someone help me please!!!
    Thanks;)
    I also have irregular periods and had a hard time getting pregnant. I asked my Dr. to test me for polycystic ovarian syndrome. I not only had that but I was insulin resistant.
    My Dr. prescribed me meds. For this and with 6 months, I was pregnant. So ask you Dr. about this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive is hard... Any help? [ 17 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been trying to conceive for over 2.5 yrs and I feel that its putting such a huge strain on our relationship. We always bicker at each other and I feel like I can't keep doing this. How do I get back to thinking positive and building on our relationship to improve both of our...

Trying to conceive (could I be pregnant ) [ 1 Answers ]

If I had my period last month on September 28 2006 , and my menstral cycle before that was on August 31, 2006 but I'm trying to figure out when I ovulate... I had sex on October 9 or 10 and maybe a couple of days before that... could I be pregnant? I don't feel pregnant though can someone please...

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to conceive now for a couple months and I tracked my ovulation period and the days I would be most fertile to try and conceive.So we did the deed every day at least 3 times a day and noticed the next day after that I had very light spotting when in the bathroom, I checked a...

Irregular Period... HELP! [ 10 Answers ]

Ok I've been having irregular periods for a year now and nothing seems to help. They put me on birth control and it made it worse. Last month was the first normal period I've had in like 12 months and it was the month after I went off the birth control but this month is completely different. I've...

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend experienced two heavier than normal periods for her two previous cycles, then last month she missed her period. A pregnancy test showed that she was not pregnant, but her gyno told her it could be too early to determine. Now currently instead of her normal period, she's having dried...

View more questions Search