Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clare sweeney Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Relationships breakups
    Just out of relationship I wanted to break up. So why so hard to let go?
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 03:49 PM

Obviously, you still feel for the person.
    I cannot say what or why, exactly, because you haven't provided us with much information, but you miss some part of your relationship.
    If you broke up with him already, it is too late (re-tries at dating never work, except in special circumstances)

If you would like more personalized answers, could you please give us more information, such as age, reason you broke up, how long you were together, etc.
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jul 15, 2009, 10:02 AM

Even if you want to break up with someone, its still hard. You generally still care about them in some way... maybe even just as a friend. So its hard to know that you hurt the other person. Also, it was a failed relationship. No one likes to fail at anything, especially something that they have invested a lot into. It takes time, just try to focus on yourself for a while and focus on moving on.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 10:14 AM

We could use more information. But every breakup is difficult.

Furthermore, the deeper connected you were with the other person, the more difficult and longer it is to heal from the breakup.

Think about it this way, if it wasn't that difficult, then you weren't really into that person in the first place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Men Expressing themselves about breakups [ 6 Answers ]

I have been a member on this site for a month, at first I was expecting to see a lot of heart broken females, telling stories of there terrible breakups, and how they would be coping. But I am intrigued that I found the complete opposite. Men expressing themselves and sharing there pain and advice...

Venting: OCD and Breakups [ 12 Answers ]

If breaking up isn't hard enough already, try throwing in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to the mix. AKA The Doubting Disease. Makes me doubt all my d*mned decisions. Even his. My mind is spinning out of control with this whole breakup thing, wondering if the reason he gave me was the real...

Books to read to improve the Self, Relationships, ease Breakups, and so forth. [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed that in some threads, people would occasionally mention books that they had been reading about relationships (whether it was with someone, or the relationship you build with yourself). I’m talking about books that really help. I thought it would be a good idea for people to list the...

Breakups suck! [ 4 Answers ]

So on Monday the love of my life broke up with me over the phone (how lame! ) He said he did it over the phone because he didn't want me to beg to take him back and that I wouldn't leave his house until he did (which is true) Hes already been liking this other girl for a few weeks and I did know...

Percentrage of truthful breakups [ 9 Answers ]

How many of you have been truthful as to how and why you broke up with someoone?

View more questions Search