Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevechow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 09:45 PM
    Condenser runs while heating
    When operating my furnace in the heat mode the air conditioner condenser unit runs. I assume this should not be. What is wrong with my system. This is in a new house - first cold weather experienced.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 05:00 AM
    I would guess a minor wiring glitch, but it could be a defective, expensive control board. What did you pay for the place? Whatever, you were entitled to a working HAVC system. Go back to the seller or builder. If you need to, call the lawyer that handled your closing or your lender. You can also check the legal forum here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condenser fan not running [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 25 year old Carrier (Model 28GS) A/C. It has been working fine until today. The condenser fan (outdoors) doesn't turn on, but I do hear the hum of the compressor. I believe the fan should be running all the time. I'm assuming the compressor is operating OK, even though it's not that...

Condenser Shuts Off [ 1 Answers ]

Looking through the threads, I haven't found anything quite like what I'm experiencing. So if there's already a post out there on this topic, I apologize. I have a dual zone heat pump system, and both units are approximately 14 years old. On a normal summer day (70s to 80s) my air works fine. ...

Condenser problems! [ 5 Answers ]

I purchased a used condenser unit from a reputable hvac dealer/installer last year, but only this year got a chance to install. Everything as far as I know was hooked up correctly, but when the thermostat is turned to a/c the contactor engages but absolutely nothing from the condenser. The blower...

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

AC condenser wiring [ 6 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of a wiring diagram or wiring info for my condenser unit. I had a repairman out to repair the unit when it quit cooling. As it turned out he was not a repairman but a rip off instead. The problem was the fan motor. When he attempted to install an old used single sp motor in...

View more questions Search