Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Little black Hen.
    This is kind of a farming question I guess - we have two little black hens that lay one egg each, every morning. I'm curious why there is sometimes a "red spot" on the yolk. I've seen the spot as small as a pin-prick, and a few times quite larger. (we also have a rooster, I don't know if he has anything to do with it) I actually throw out (or give to our dog) any egg that has the red spot. I would like to know exactly what it is, and if we can prevent it, or disregard it and use the egg anyway . Any answers are appreciated!
    YoungHyperLink Posts: 152, Reputation: 13

Jul 14, 2009, 10:13 AM

The red spots mean they are fertilized. Some people prefer them that way, and it's completely harmless as long as the hens don't sit on them too long. :)
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 14, 2009, 11:45 AM
    Yes, the eggs are fertilized. It won't harm you if you eat them. Fertilized eggs will produce chicks,:) if they are cared for well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My ceiling fan has black, white, and a black/white wire? [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this combination of wires? I am trying to change out ceiling fans in my living room. From ceiling box I have: a black wire, and a white wire, and no ground From the fan w/ light kit I have: a black wire, white wire, and a black w/ while stripe wire, and no...

Black & White movie set in America black & white girls become friends on a beach [ 2 Answers ]

As far as I can remember, the girls become friends on a beach and the black girls mother goes to work for the white girls family. The black girl struggles with her relationship with her mother and wants to be treated like a white girl. Does anyone know what the name of this film is? And if I can...

Natural black hair that's dyed black, how can I lighten it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi im new to this! Ive been dying my hair black for about 2 years. My hair is naturally very dark brown/almost black already. Id really like to color it a light brown. should i strip my hair color, then proceedto try a light brown? thanks so much for any kind of help!:o

View more questions Search