Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    safetychick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Preventative maintenance for a bench grinder
    I am looking for any information on preventative maintenance on an 8" bench grinder that is used in a Machine Shop. I have the daily check information, but need to know if there is any particular monthly, yearly checks that have to be done.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 03:52 PM

Hi,
    Most high quality bench grinders require no maintenance. They are brushless and sealed.
    Just clean the area around it. Replace stones as needed.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    bioray Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2009, 05:44 AM
    The grinding wheel should be checked for tightness. The grinding wheel should be dressed with a dressing tool if the wheel is not flat on the face. Ensure that the tool rest are properly adjusted and tight. Not much else to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piggyback a drill to grinder [ 3 Answers ]

Can you attach a drill coupled to one side of a two stone bench grinder and electrically operate both at the same time to boost bench grinder torque for grinding heavier stock? I know that the drill is way lower rpm's, but slower grinder speed not problem; grinder boggs down. Sears 6 inch--1.2...

Sewage/Grinder Pump not coming on. [ 2 Answers ]

For the past two weeks, my basement sewage pump has not been coming on all the time when needed. I called a plumber the first time, for water was starting to seep out of the top. I didn't hear the pump kick on during my morning routine, so I ran the tap and watched and waited and then water...

AC Motor bench grinder Rewire [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to rewire an old AC motor driven bench grinder. For some reason when I hook up my input cord (from the outlet) black to one motor lead and white to the other motor lead the motor locks up. The motor turns to a electromagnet and grabs the armature and locks up with a loud...

View more questions Search