Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jun 1, 2003, 11:59 AM
    Could anyone suggest a good digital camera?
    I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but oh well :)

I'm looking for a decent digital camera. 4-5 megapixels, $400-$800 maybe :)

I have looked at many but they all seem the same. I need something that will work with generic software, that doesn't store pics in a proprietary format, can run on whatever operating system, etc -- and of course can produce great pictures. It needs to be able to handle a lot of use.

I am sick of seeing camera comparisons that test them using the included software and in Microsoft windows and then cut out all the important information in their reports. :D

Anyone have any ideas?

By the way, could someone explain how a megapixel compares to the DPI rating I am used to seeing when using my scanner?

Thanks in advance
    ~psi42
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2003, 07:19 AM
    Im most familiar with the Olympus Camedia digital camera In my opionion they are great cameras but they are definalty not in the lowest price bracket. Did you do a serach on www.computershopper.com I find that a great place to look.. Also here is a link for your dpi versus question. http://www.naturephotographers.net/a...2/tg1002-1.pdf
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jun 27, 2003, 10:01 AM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help please.. Cannot download pictures from my digital camera [ 10 Answers ]

What could be the problem when I try to download pics from my digital I suddenly cannot download. The camera window just keeps reading. No result. What could be the problem? It has hardware failure message? What hardware? My digital camera or something inside my computer? What is it? Please help...

Digital camera printing question [ 3 Answers ]

Which slot on the HP photosmart 3210 printer do I insert the memory card (or whatever it's called) from my Olympus digital camera? I've tried the upper & lower smaller ones on the right-side edge, but the little this won't go in. This is the first time I've used this question site, the first time...

Best Digital Camera for less than $500 [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking to purchase the best digital camera I can for less than $500. While I am especially taken by the features offered by the SONY MVC CD-350 (disc type) the sales people I have talked to seem to prefer the Fuji FinePix 55000 or the FinePix A310 which are both "stick type"?? Thanks. Ponton

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

Opinion on Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR Camera [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone out there purchased a Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR Camera recently. Do they like it? ;) Thank you from [email protected]

View more questions Search