Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:15 PM
    What do YOU think/believe?
    I have been reading through a lot of the christianity posts today. My own thread was closed down. Because of fighting...

This being the christianity board... and me being a christian... I would like to ask this question to you christians out there... if your not christian this doesn't apply to you (I don't mean that I don't want your opinion, all opinions are welcome)

AND BE NICE FOR ONCE FFS...

What do you think, The Lord, Our God, The Christian God In the Bible... thinks of all the fighting we do here on this board...

And before you answer, please ask yourself... how would jesus answer... how would HE want you to treat each other...
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 13, 2009, 11:23 PM

This is something that I wrote in another thread 7 months ago!

It seems to me that we are just waiting for someone to write something ''strange'' so that we can attack!We show no efford to understand someone's point of view and take it a liitle bit further from what is written.We enjoy playing with words and we seem to be word servants instead of making the words working for us.I see no hunger to share , i only see the will to justify our opinions.
    I am very sad with this, I cannot believe the bloodbath here.I am sure that Satan is laughing at us right this moment!
    You spend so much of yourselves and what good came out of it?
    Who got closer to Christ through this?What glory did Jesus gain from all this?What kind of reward do you think Jesus will give us for this?
    Please remember your first love!How difficult can it be?Is it easier for us to hurt our brothers than to fight the enemy?
    You turned my Father's house into a house of a killer!
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:25 PM

Well, Jesus would answer (I believe) by appearing to everyone fighting on this board and give them a story full of symbolism that would simultaneously make everyone say "Woah" and just think.

However, I think that EVERYONE'S fighting is petty, and becoming harsh trying to push your point across, be it anything except the fact you like to yell, counteracts what you are trying to say. I think that boards like this are a stupid way to try to convert non-believers, and therefore I stay away from this board, most of the time.

THAT is why instead of using these threads much, I go out in my community and speak to those who are not following God's path in person, rather than try to do it on the internet. There are plenty of other, better ways to do such.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:26 PM

That's an excellent way to put it adam, thank you. I would have gotten in trouble had I posted MY opinions on some of the posting here.
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 13, 2009, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    thats an excellent way to put it adam, thank you. i would have gotten in trouble had i posted MY opinions on some of the posting here.
    Don't be afraid of your opinions.They are not you!
    Thank God my opinions are not me 'cause I 've changed so many of them, but I AM still me!Never care about what others will tell you about you.God likes honesty 'cause honesty is an open door that you leave for God to pay a visit!
    By the way... good job with your cousin.
    Being gay is not any worse than being a liar.At least they admitt it!
    But I believe that his behavior is a sign of repentance and being born again and that means he is a new man.
    Thank you!
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jul 14, 2009, 08:27 AM

We may argue fine points with each other, but that doesn't change the fact that all believers are brothers and sisters in the Lord.

We can learn to disagree agreeably.

I can even do that with MOST unbelievers.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 08:45 AM

You will note that in almost all cases where this occurs, it is because someone has chosen to stop discussing the topic respectfully and has issued demeaning / abusive comments at one or more individuals, and continues to do so despite efforts to get back on track. There is a group on here that seem to go around with that objective. The situation has improved significantly from a few months ago when things were at a state of almost complete anarchy and I suspect that the mods read the riot act to the members of that group.

Unfortunately, when one person or one groups chooses to disrupt a thread, there is a little that can be done and the response of the mods tends to be to simply shut down the threads.

What would Jesus' response be? Well keep in mind that neither Jesus nor the disciples stayed away from controversy, nor did they avoid debates, sometimes quite animated debates where attacks (sometimes physical) were launched against them. The key is to be respectful of the person, though it may be necessary to speak against their behaviour or to disagree with them.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:04 AM

Very good points Tj3
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    I know this post itself is a violation but it absolutely had to be said.
    Kind of like police who violate the law to enforce it, I guess.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:36 AM

? How is it a violation? Its about christianity, and its on the christianity board.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:41 AM
    The forums are about questions about Christianity.

You aren't asking questions, you are trying to open up discussions. Those belong on the discussion boards. It's part of the rules of the site.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:43 AM
    I don't think his (homesell) post was a violation. But his spamming of the same post might be.

As for your original question. Everyone wants to believe that they are correct in their belief, when someone upsets that cart it somehow becomes personal.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    As for your original question. Everyone wants to believe that they are correct in their belief, when someone upsets that cart it somehow becomes personal.
    I think that you made a good point there. I find often that when someone disagrees with what a person believes, they seem not to differentiate between beliefs and the person themselves and assume that any disagreement means that they are attacking the person.

The other problem that I have seen on here was a few month ago when a person suggested that anyone who did not accept her beliefs as equal to theirs was bigoted. In other words, disagreement was not permitted a considered to be personal.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:49 AM

I apologies. I have requested that the mods move this to the religious discussion board. I was asking a question, but did not realise it would turn into a 'discussion' or debate. So please accept my apologies. And I hope it gets moved :)
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Your question was the opening of a discussion, not a question for clarification.
    Do you understand the difference?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Your question "how would jesus answer" does have a Yes/No or concrete answer.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:57 AM

Yes. See the problem was, I did look for a discussion board in the religeon boards. And I couldn't find one. It wasn't until after I had posted this, that I found out that the 'religeous discussions' board is on the member forum. I didn't even think to look there.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Your question "how would jesus answer" does have a Yes/No or concrete answer.
    Yes that's true, but if others feel this is the wrong place, I have no problem asking for it to be moved. Its not THAT big of a deal WHERE the post is :P you know?

And besides, I WAS expecting opinions.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    i have been reading thru alot of the christianity posts today. my own thread was closed down. because of fighting...

this being the christianity board...and me being a christian....i would like to ask this question to you christians out there...if your not christian this doesnt apply to you (i dont mean that i dont want your opinion, all opinions are welcome)

AND BE NICE FOR ONCE FFS...

What do you think, The Lord, Our God, The Christian God In the Bible...thinks of all the fighting we do here on this board...

and before you answer, please ask yourself...how would jesus answer...how would HE want you to treat eachother...
    It's a no brainer, we are not supposed to be fighting with each other
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 06:52 AM

*thank you to the mod who moved this for me*

paraclete, that's a good way to sum it all up in a single sentence :) good job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search