Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DDLKS247 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 06:49 PM
    Replacing a rubber hose or give me idea's
    I'm a single mom and have moved into an older home. My problem is under the kitchen sink.The standard plumbing hose is clamped to a rubber hose and the same hose is clamped to the copper piping.This is starting to leak,I need to know how to fix this myself as cannot afford a plumber.Hope this makes sense to someone.
    Thanks
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 07:12 PM

Can you look under the sink and tell us where the hose is coming from and where is going to or attached to, is it from the dishwasher, the garbage disposer or what, and when is it leaking, look at the image below if you can pin point it, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing hose on toilet [ 17 Answers ]

I have a question about the hose that runs from the water inlet pipe to the toilet tank. Presently have a plastic type hose that you pull/push on the valve at the bottom to turn on/off the water to the toilet. There is a leak in this host on the toilet side of the shut off valve. The entire hose...

Replacing Hose Valves [ 10 Answers ]

There are two 20 year old hose valves outside the house. Both leak, and one even has a busted handle that requires a vise grip every time we want to open and close the water flow. I would like to replace both without the expense of hiring a plumber. I think this is a job that even I can do.. ....

Stainless vs. Rubber Washer Hose [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new front load washer and dryer set and it is being delivered on Tuesday. I currently have rubber hoses from the cold and hot water supply. My question is what are the differences/advantages to using stainless vs. rubber? Is it worth it for me to go buy a set or should I just...

Rubber hose smell under kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get rid of a rubber hose smell under the kitchen sink (without replacing the rubber hose or gasket)? I recently had my kitchen sink and countertop upgraded. I hired a plumber to hook up the new faucet and reconnect the disposal, and piping under the sink. A few days later I noticed an...

Replacing hose bib [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Ask Me, I am in the process of replacing a hose bib on the outside of my house. The problem is, it won't unscrew without more force than I dare give it. (I'm trying to turn it counter-clockwise, by the way. Is that correct?) I'm afraid of kinking the copper pipe inside the house and...

View more questions Search