Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eihab Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2003, 08:42 AM
    Network systems engineering
    I am looking for an evaluation of TCP/IP and its use in modern networked systems. Also give me
    Examples of its use and information on what is known
    "sub-netting"
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2003, 10:41 PM
    Re: network systems engineering
    eihab, hi, the best book to read about TCP/IP, subnetting, and supernetting, is the classic technical TCP/IP book by DOUGLAS COMER, called Internetworking with TCP/IP Vol.1: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture, now in its 4th Edition, which you can buy from www.amazon.com or any other retail book store site.

His Internetworking book is considered the bible of TCP/IP. His book has been referred to and based on many times over by many network professionals and experts of today since he first wrote it in the mid-1970's. This book is the de facto standard in understanding and applying TCP/IP.

You can find many books on and many links to him. Just type his name in any search engine and voilą. There are too many web links on him. But here are some of the following links I found on him:

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/people/dec

http://www.informit.com/isapi/author...ors/author.asp

Other excellent TCP/IP book authors you can look into are:

(1) Laura Chappell

(2) Buck Graham (TCP/IP)

(3) CISCO PRESS: Cisco Networking Academy Program: First- and Second-Year Interactive Guide

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System engineering [ 3 Answers ]

What is the system engineering hierarchy and what does information engineering means?

Civil engineering [ 2 Answers ]

How a bridge on the sea or a river is build still having a lot of water?if web page aviable please send me?

View more questions Search