Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Twitching of eye
    I'm curious to know why my left eye twitches. It only twitches in the upper left corner like a little muscle spasm with no pain. It's been happening for about 5 days now off and on. I'm guessing I need a vacation?? :confused::o:):D
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 01:43 PM

Given your profession I don't wonder your eye is twitiching !

It will probably be good to know that no one can see your eye twitching so you can rest assured you don't look really odd. It is only apparent to you, floss.

Its caused by stress, the eye over worked, close work, etc. I would suggest a visit to your optompetrist if you wear corrective lenses. Or possibly your nearest vacation resort as you mention. I am off next week, care to join me camping at one of the best beaches and walking trails at Presquille Point in southeastern Ontario ? Got a warm sleeping bag ? The swimming is just the best.

Kindest regards

Tick
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 06:40 PM

Thanks tick. I do have an appointment in 2 weeks and people CAN see the twitch, my daughter laughs when she see it twitching away.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 06:54 PM

It may be a potassium deficiency. A blood test, electrolytes, would tell. Good sources of potassium aren't just bananas. There is a significant amount in tomatoes, potatoes, oranges, kiwi, apricots... And salt substitute which is made of the substance.

Some people just need more, or less of a substance as they age. Isn't it fun getting old? The food is good, the salt substitute is kind-of extreme.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 10:26 PM

Eye twitches are generally from lack of sleep, overworking, and/or stress. But sometimes are there are more serious issues. It's great that you have an appointment scheduled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My right eye keep twitching. [ 4 Answers ]

These couple days, my right eye keeping twitching, and is very annoying. My friend tole me that it means I will have either good news or bad news. Is that true ?

Twitching Muscles In Several Places [ 2 Answers ]

A very annoying and worrysome problem. I have had a twitching lasting anywhere from a half min. to a min. and a half. This goes on forty or more times a day! It started in my eyes, now the muscles in my left arm, the calf of my right leg, my buttocks and even my shoulder and neck area. Also feels...

Muscle twitching [ 1 Answers ]

One and a half years back I got muscle twitches and then depression ,the Dr prescribed me nexito(escitalopram)10 mg and lonazep (clonazepam)0.25 . I took NEXITO 10mg once a day 7.7.05 to7.2.06 NEXITO 5 mg once a day 7.2.06 to7.6.06 NEXITO 2.5 mg once a day 7.6.06 to 21.6.06 then stopped. ...

Muscle twitching [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to stop muscle twitching,I have been having it fot the past one year

View more questions Search