Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anneglass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 12:31 PM
    How do I answer a Summons?
    I have received a Summons for unpaid legal bills from my divorce attorney. I want to represent myself and need to file an answer. How do I do this? This matter is in Supreme Court, State of New York, Nassau County.

Thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 12:38 PM

I would not attempt to defend myself in a superior court in NY - which is what Supreme Court is. It will NOT be a casual matter and you must adhere to all of the Court's rules.

In order to assist somewhat - what is your defense?

And keep in mind that all Supreme Court Judges I know are, in fact, Attorneys and they are going to protect their own if they have not been paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I answer a summons? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I answer a summons?

How do I answer a summons? [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons here in New Mexico.I am having a financial problem so we decided to call AFS to help us with our dept, that is last Feb or March. Now I received this summons and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to answer the summons.And don't know what to do with it. Do I just answer...

Answer to summons Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

Yes I received a summons at county court where I live in Ohio, and plan on answering it. The debt is for a credit card account in default for approx 7 months. I plan on filing bankruptcy in the very near future approx 3 months. The answer I'm planning on using is I'm going to file for bankruptcy....

How do I answer a summons from a CA? [ 4 Answers ]

Brand new to this forum. Ran out of advice on another forum and still looking for answers. I was served with a summons from a local lawyer last Thrus. I have until 7/19/07 to file my answer. I'm not sure if it was issued legally or not. I sent them a validation of debt letter well within...

View more questions Search