Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cluelessinky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Plumbing mystery--symptoms no cure
    We moved in to this60+ yr old house about 3 months ago.
    1st week we moved in---toilets kept running (we fixed) and leak through basement ceiling revealed corroded piping in 2nd floor bath. Replaced that piping.
    After a huge rain we found that when we washed sudsy water would back up from stack pipe in basement where laundry hose is connected. Several plumbers later----one finally snaked the main and got out junk. He said that was the problem. We kept smelling sewage in the basement from that stack pipe that the laundry hose was connected to and the laundry wash kept overflowing out of that pipe. My husband happened to check the crawlspace under an addition because of mold issues and found standing water above those basement pipes for kitchen sink and laundry. Out came the plumber and said that they must have snaked that out through an opening that opened up to ground level in crawlspace but hadn't put the cap back on---yrs ago?? So he fixed that?
    Now 3 days later my son used the guest bathroom and flused it---which I heard and then about 2-3 min. later a heard a big gurgle and the toilet actually delay--flushed.
    What could this mean? It is raining quite a bit now and has been all day.
    Do we have major problems?
    What should we do and look for?
    We get so many different answers from different plumbers.
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Oct 16, 2006, 10:32 PM
    Would you like to see an article I wrote about main line sewer drains? It is not quite the same but I think the information may be useful. http://www.plumbinglessons.com/sup/mainline.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone try medication to cure PMS? [ 13 Answers ]

I am usually a really caring,upbeat, and energetic person. However, 3 -5 days of the month I feel really irritated, anxious, emotional, angry, and self-conscious. It is always just before my period and it is really difficult to deal with. I try and talk myself out of negative feelings because...

Are these symptoms? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey all I'm 19 and have convinced myself I'm pregnant. I did have un protected sex on 20th of march (we were not trying for a baby). And since then I've been freaking out. In the last 2 days though I have calmed down and now want the baby, I think if I get a negative result I would acctually be...

What were your labor symptoms [ 6 Answers ]

Well all I don't know if this means anything but hey I figured I would ask it here before my dr appt today. What kind of symptoms did you experience, or have heard of experienced, before labor? The reason I ask is due to some sever symptoms that I am having. I just wanted to know if anyone else...

How long must a garage pad cure before you can build on it? [ 1 Answers ]

Once you have your garage pad poured, how long do you have to wait before you start framing your garage? Thanks, lbrowne

View more questions Search