Ask
    vgc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Food safe in panama?
    Is food safe to eat in Panama?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2006, 12:48 PM
    I guess it depends on how it is cooked. I really do not understand your question. Could you be more specific?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Feb 28, 2007, 01:12 PM
    There's always questionable food everywhere.

The most important thing to remember is to never eat street food - you never know if the vendors take the appropriate steps to wash food correctly before they prepare it. EVEN IF you see people going up to the stand and eating the food, it doesn't mean that your stomach will be able to handle it. Ask a trusted tour guide or your hotel concierge on safe places to eat.

I'm not sure if it's the same for Panama, but I know in Mexico the water is very unsafe. I'd suggest drinking mostly bottled water and other bottled products to make sure you are safe. Also, be sure to watch out for ice. Even if the water is bottled, the water in the ice may not be purified! Brushing your teeth can also be an interesting experience.

I'm going to assume that it's safe to eat in Panama. A big revenue of theirs is tourism, so they wouldn't make money if they gave you unsafe food.

Good luck and have fun on your trip!
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Feb 28, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Unless you already left...
    Pequen Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 06:13 AM
    If you buy food from the market and even if you buy it in the U.S. from the Farmer's Market you still have to be cautious. Make sure it is thoroughly washed. I would not go as far as buying meats or fish in a market, I would go to a grocery store where it is cleaned and packaged. I am from Nicaragua so Panama is almost the same concept as far as culture and open air markets. Panama is a well developed country and more so than Nicaragua so their sanitation ratings will be much better. Do not eat food in a dive. I am sure there are plenty of nice restaurants to enjoy especially if you are in Panama City. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is It Safe? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lighten my skin not just to get lighter I have an excuse. One summer when I was in middle school I had to go to summer school and we were outside for a long period under the sun. That is when my life changed my face got pitch black dark I mean real dark but the rest of my body stayed it's...

Wet dog food and dry dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should be giving a balance of wet dog food and dry dog food each week and not just dry dog food all the time. He told me that too much dry food can cause constipation. Is this true? Also, which brands are considered low grade dog food?

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

Safe Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I know how to access "safe mode", and have used it a couple of times to correct problems, following instructions, but can someone explain please, exactly what it is? Thank you.

Mexico & panama [ 1 Answers ]

1.what natural feature forms the eastern boundary of mexico? 2. Panama uses two currencies-one is the us dollar and the other one is?

View more questions Search