Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walshjmk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Why do Union members vote for candidates that opposed the Border Fence?
    I'm curious. It seems as if the same politicians that want amnesty for illegals seem to be endorsed by the unions. It doesn't make sense. Those same illegals would soon take their jobs. Politicians seem to have taken the unions for granted. So my question is :
    Why do Union members vote for candidates and politicians who have repeatedly voted either to that oppose the Border Fence and/or support amnesty for illegal immigrants?
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 6, 2006, 05:37 PM
    I am union.. with out an union... I would be a retired wife... I do not support a fence because
    ... no union will be hired to build it

... social security will not be paid by an illegal... thus causing the social security system to fail

... some union have members have relatives that are illegal

... I just do not know of an union official that would support the construction of a border fence

... next some members lived through world war 2 and so not want to revisit the issues of a wall and what it represents...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 06:24 PM
    The unions actually support the illegal aliens, as of late with new state laws, unions are being very weakened ( my opinon anyway guys)
    They have been losing members. They see illegals as the new membership grounds, esp if they become legal to work and get a pardon for being illegal.

And honestly both parties are not getting tough on immigration, even the new fence bill that was passed, did not have any way to fund it. They passed a bill for it, but no funding bill from my understanding.
    And that is why the Senate had a hard time passing it.

Both parties don't want to offend the illegal aliens because they see them as a important voting block. Many are voting this election in areas where you don't have to supply ID or prove citizenship

Also most unions want the min wage increased, because oftne their members wages are set at a percent above min wage
    Union man Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Union members are not being represented by many of their leaders. The AFL-CIO is merely pandering for members, like the Democrats. They have never taken the time to poll their members on their views of the issue of building a fence to secure our country. Some unions that have many criminal aliens as members support amnesty and oppose building the fence.:mad: This would be the Service Employees Union and the United Food and Commercial Workers. The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, United Brotherhood of Carpenters and the Teamsters have all taken stands opposing amnesty and guest worker programs. If the AFL-CIO ever took the time to come to a union construction job they would find no support for the criminal aliens. Union members are Americans first and are not nearly as liberal as the Democrats seem to think. ALL of the middle class is being strapped with the financial burden of supporting the criminal aliens and we are not going to take it anymore. We will not support any politician regardless of party who refuses to secure our borders, we owe it to our children. God bless the Minutemen, America needs them.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Do not lump all union members into one pot - I know many who oppose hiring illegal immigrants and who back building the border fence. Too often it is the head(s) of the unions that speak without the real representative voice of the members.

I do not know the future of labor unions. Not when someone can get across the border and bring back a van load of illegals and hire them for less than half the wage they would pay a union employee, not to mention skipping the benefits package and workers compensation.

This past Spring and early Summer two SuperWalmarts were being built here and every week there were as many as two dozen illegals being caught working at the sites. And this is North Dakota! Long ways to come, but for those people who cross over the border, it must be worth it.
    Union man Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Do not lump all union members into one pot - I know many who oppose hiring illegal immigrants and who back building the border fence. Too often it is the head(s) of the unions that speak without the real representative voice of the members.

I do not know the future of labor unions. Not when someone can get across the border and bring back a van load of illegals and hire them for less than half the wage they would pay a union employee, not to mention skipping the benefits package and workers compensation.

This past Spring and early Summer two SuperWalmarts were being built here and every week there were as many as two dozen illegals being caught working at the sites. And this is North Dakota! Long ways to come, but for those people who cross over the border, it must be worth it.

Easy, I believe if you reread my post I was not lumping all union members together. Although I stand corrected that it is the so called leaders of the SEIU and UFCW that support the criminal aliens. I am on your side, unfortunately in Illinois our so called "friends of labor" politicians have created a sanctuary state so we don't even ask anyone for their status as whether they are legal citizens. I wish we would round them up as fast as you do in North Dakota.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Border size in CSS and Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

This syle: Width:111px; border-top-width:1px; border-left-width:1px; border-right-width:1px; border-bottom-width:1px; border-color:#B0C6EB; border-style:solid; Works good in IE but has wrong height in Firefox. What I can do? http://www.mightybook.com

Union and non-Union works [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Union and non-union works in a Tool and Die industry? :confused:

Black Border Around Monitor [ 6 Answers ]

Using 98 SE---I have this black border on the left and right of each web page about an inch wide--how to I get rid of this and go back to full screen--? --Thank you--

Runny eye in Border Collie [ 1 Answers ]

My 8 yr old Border Colie has got a very runny eye (clear discharge) and some localised hair loss around the eye. I was hoping someone could help me regarding what the problem might be.

View more questions Search