Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red grasshopper12 Posts: 238, Reputation: 3

Jul 11, 2009, 11:26 PM
    Greek or Russian Boy names
    Could you tell me if Anatolik is a name? If so what language? I tried looking it up, but I could not find it. I find web sites with that name. Plus there are different variations of that name.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 11:34 PM

I'm guessing the -ik at the end is to give it a "pet name" like "Tiffikins" (for Tiffany) or somesuch.

From thinkbabynames.com --

The boy's name Anatole \a-nato-le, an(a)-tole\ is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "break of day". Anatolia is a region of Turkey, east of Greece. French novelist Anatole France.

Anatole has 8 variant forms: Anatol, Anatolio, Anatoly, Antal, Antol, Antole, Antolle and Antoly.

Anatole is a very rare male first name and a very rare surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to obtain dual Greek/USA citizenship; having trouble with Greek Consulates [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find help in obtaining Greek citizenship through my father, who was born in Greece, still has his Greek passport, but is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. The main problem I am having is finding a consulate that will even talk to me/help me. The one consulate that has been helpful is...

How do I write this in Russian? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm writing a letter to a friend and thought it would be a nice little joke to put his name in Russian at the end of the letter. His name is Richard Thomas Medhurst. Thanks, -Xm8

Commercial names to botanical names [ 1 Answers ]

Sirs, I want to know botanical names of all fruits,plants and flowers,particulerly all horticulture products and floriculture products.i.e. from commercial popular name to botanical names. Thank you and with regards. J.B.Gandhi

How does a 2nd Generation Greek American get Greek Citizenship? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents were born in the United States, but all of their antecedents were born in Greece (or Turkish-held Greece -- Samos). Although my command of the language is very limited, I do have a Greek baptismal certificate and knowledge of Greece's history and culture. I am 56 and would like to...

View more questions Search