Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2009, 07:31 PM
    16 weeks pregnant and craving coffee
    I am 16 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and I have VERY strong craving for coffee. If I could I would drink 8 cups a coffee a day, I even have had a craving for coffee beans. In the past two mornings I have had two cups of coffee ( each morning), just to jump start the day. I even try drinking sodas without caffeine, I have tried to supplement the coffee craving but nothing seems to help. I would say I am way over the recommended dosage of coffee in a day. Why do I have this craving? I drank coffee before I was pregnant but never this much. What is going to happen to my baby?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Coffee won't hurt your baby, much to common belief. We recommend a cup of coffee or a glass of ice cold orange juice when trying to wake baby for kick counts.
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 13, 2009, 10:48 AM

Have you tried decaf as well? That might help if you drink a LOT of it.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:52 AM
    *edit--your right justwantfair, I skipped a line*

There is nothing wrong with giving into your cravings :) drink the coffee. It won't hurt you. If you are worried about the cafine you can try decaf, and see if that gives you the satisfaction your looking for.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    are you craving the coffee drink, or the coffee BEANS, if your craving the beans themselvs, you could have Pica (which is the craving for NON food items. when i was pregnant i was craving cat food!!)
    If you read her question, she is craving both.
    Coffee beans aren't necessarily a non-food item, in some places they are a snack when covered in chocolate.
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Jul 14, 2009, 02:26 PM

Thanks everyone for the answers, I have tried decaf but that didn't do it. I asked my doctor today and he said that was normal. As long as I don't drink 8 cups a day I am fine.

Thanks again for the answers.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2009, 06:51 PM
    I crave clay.. I just want to smell everything that has clay in it!. ughrrrrrrrr

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pms for 3 weeks, can I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I'm 28 yrs old I have 2 boys. Last month I got my period and I had sex a week after my period went away. About 4-5 days later my breast started hurting bad. The nipples are constantly hard and sensitive, my breast are hard. Seems like I'm using the bathroom a lot more and I'm having mood...

3 1/2 weeks Pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

Ok here goes I only had a period for 1 day last month and skipped this month completely... went to the doctor and had a blood test done it was positive... I am definitely pregnant about 3.5 weeks the weird thing is nothing fits I can't even button my jeans is this normal?

My cat is 7 weeks pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I am new to this so not really sure if I am posting this in the right category. My cat molly is 7 weeks pregnant, we can see the kittens kicking all the time and if I put my hand gently on her tummy I can feel them kick! Should I be keeping her inside from now on?Or when should...

Pregnant and craving! [ 1 Answers ]

Lol, sorry about the title.. I had no way of putting it nicely. Anywhoo, I'm pregnant w/ my fourth child, and I am extremely horny this time around (w/ the last pregnancies, I was a prude). Needless to say, my husband is happy to oblige. I just have a few things stopping me.. 1. my huge...

View more questions Search