Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    37RATH37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 05:45 PM
    AOL 9.0 Download will not open
    When I downloaded AOL 9.0 to my PC running Vista I get the message that download was successful and I am asked to permit the installation of software required to start the program. I click yes and am then asked to restart the computer, which I do. I then try to start AOL and get the same message that additional software is required to open the program. This cycle repeats endlessly. Any suggestions?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 07:50 PM

AOL 9.0 is known to have a lot of problems (bugs). Besides that, I'm not a fan of AOL. But, I'll tell you how to try to get it installed, anyway.

You should first totally uninstall AOL. To do that, you should use Revo Uninstaller (do not do it from Add/Remove programs):

Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

Use the "Moderate" or the "Advanced" setting when you uninstall it (you'll see what I mean when you run the program). Don't use the "Built-In" or "Safe" settings. When that's done, reboot your computer and try to install AOL 9.0 again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't download anything! [ 6 Answers ]

I need help!! I just got this new computer and I've had it for a while now. I use to be able to download things and now when I download things, the screen pops up and then disappears. My friend suggested that I should look it up in my start menu but, that didn't work. She said it just put...

Light on Craftsman Garage Door Open will not turn OFF, when Open. [ 8 Answers ]

I purchase a new Craftsmang ½ hp Garage Door Open and found out in the Problem Section that if I have the door open and cross the safety sensor beams the light will turn ON automaticlly. I hate this feature because my kids constatnly run in and out of the garage door when it is open, so the light...

Ok I have open the first seven chakras now I won't to know how to open the 8th and 9th [ 5 Answers ]

Hey dos any body out there know how to open the 8th and 9th chakra. And open the third eye chakra to its full potintal.. Thaks. Darryl123

My itunes won't open at all, does anybody know how to get it to open? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got my computer back after having new virus scanns on my computer downloaded.. and I have used itunes since then but last night when I logged out and logged back in this morning, when I click on itunes, all that happens is it has the mouse thing which looks like its loading for a couple...

Open neutrals and open grounds [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed new recepticals all around the house but I have one receptical in the master bedroom with an open neutral and two with open grounds per a grt-500 circuit tester. The two open grounds are still functional but the open neutral is not. I have checked all of the wires and they are...

View more questions Search