Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 08:01 PM
    No one on any other board here has to state their background or beliefs. That shouldn't start here.
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 14, 2009, 10:28 PM

Someone's Christianity is proved only by heart and not by labels.There are many of people who do not confess Jesus simply because they do not know Him,but their heart is more Christian than many of the self proclaimed Christians.
    And by knowing Christ I do not mean hear about Him from people like me and you because many times we present a false Christ,and that makes us definitely not experts in Christianity.
    If only experts could post here, then we should all go home!
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    No one on any other board here has to state their background or beliefs. That shouldn't start here.
    Yes... we established that. All are welcomed BUT it is a Christianity question board not a discussion board. People come here seeking Christian answers or they would post in another section. Enough has been said NK... your input is very much appreciated as ALWAYS. :)

Incidentally, I haven't seen you answer any christians questions, I have seen you pipe in to gripe and complain and set us all straight when we are OFF topic. But again... thanks for that... as always it is NOTED and appreciated. :)

By the way NK... what is your take? Does a Jew need to be covered under the blood of Christ by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as savior? What verse do you use to back up your thoughts on the subject?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:29 AM
    I love your passive/aggressive responses. :)

Some Jews believe Jesus is the Messiah. To such Messianic Jews, the New Testament is valuable. The majority, who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah of Israel, do not acknowledge the New Testament. Jews do NOT believe Jesus is the Messiah. They are still awaiting the coming of a messiah. Since they do not recognize Jesus as Christ, they do not hold as sacred the collection of books and letters that tell of him---the New Testament.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jul 17, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I love your passive/aggressive responses. :)

Some Jews believe Jesus is the Messiah. To such Messianic Jews, the New Testament is valuable. The majority, who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah of Israel, do not acknowledge the New Testament. Jews do NOT believe Jesus is the Messiah. They are still awaiting the coming of a messiah. Since they do not recognize Jesus as Christ, they do not hold as sacred the collection of books and letters that tell of him---the New Testament.
    All completely true.

It's too bad though that we can't convince more of them to read the letter to the Hebrews. That was written from a Jewish perspective AND ESPECIALLY FOR THEM using the Torah to prove that Jesus Christ is Messiah.

Jewish people at least need to see what a fellow Jew had to say on the subject.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 09:11 PM
    So...
    What is the Jewish connection to all of that?
    \Fred
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 18, 2009, 03:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    So.....
    \Fred
    Thank you Fred!

Jul 18, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    So.....
    \Fred
    To all of what? Is this directed to me, or someone else?

If you refer to my post above, it goes like this:

The Torah are the sacred writings of the Jews.
    The Torah points to Messiah.
    The Book of Hebrews uses the Torah to prove Jesus is Messiah.
    No one comes to the Father except by Jesus Christ.

The Jewish connection to God explained.

Jul 18, 2009, 01:21 PM
    [QUOTE=450donn;1849067]I actually answered on another thread and then realized that this was way off topic. So decided to repost here. SOOO

Not totally sure I understand the Jewish relationship with the Father. I mean, are they automatically let in simply because they are Jewish? Because I do not see where they have to accept Christ.[/QUOTE]

John 8:22-24
    22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? Because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
    23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
    24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
    (KJV)
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Galvison,
    Thanks much
    Fred
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 10:02 AM

I found no need to respond to OP's question - by the time I got on the thread had wandered all over the place.

I disagreed with your disagree with a comment of "not really...i MUST disagree" and no other explanation.

This has turned into a dialogue for a message board. This entire issue is being addressed on another thread. Maybe this thread should be closed - if it is dead - and the discussion part moved over here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum-...ns-377445.html.

I find a lot of your posts "interesting," too, by the way. And you have a nice day, too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 05:13 AM

Thread closed.

Will not stay on topic, many posts have had to be deleted by people with their own purpose beyond answering the original poster

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jewish Names [ 18 Answers ]

I have been curious about Jewish names. Are their some names that American Jews will not name their children? For example, are their any Jewish girls named Mary? Or, Jewish boys named Christopher or Noel? What are some of the names that aren't used, if any?

Jewish movies [ 27 Answers ]

So I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, since pretty much everyone here is posting questions for movie titles, but here it is anyway. Is it just some unspoken creed that movies with Jewish actors in prominent roles always have some little something or other that is Jewish? ...

Was Hitler Jewish? [ 7 Answers ]

Some people in my class said he was, and the teacher believed them, but Im not sure if HE was. I hear his grandfather was jewish though?? I am not sure. Was Hitler Jewish?

Am I Jewish? [ 2 Answers ]

I understand that Jewish descent is matrilineal, but how far back does that go -- all the way back to Moses, or just a generation or two? In researching my geneaology, I just discovered that my great-great-great grandmother (on my mother's side, straight matrilineal descent to me) was Jewish....

Am I Jewish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Emily, My question is "Am I Jewish "? I have been told that unless my family members that were Jewish,were from my mother's side of our family I couldn't claim my Jewish Roots is this true? I'm very confused, why should it make any difference or does it? :confused:

View more questions Search