Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dennis Kane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 08:03 AM
    What do you do with Green and Yellow striped wire
    I have the Hampton Bay wall mount light with sensor detector. It has a green and yellow striped wire. What is this for?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 08:22 AM
    That is the ground wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tested Yellow, Red, and Green Together [ 1 Answers ]

Also I have a Rheem Model RBHA 17J11NFGAI Air handeler inside with a Rheem Model # RPLA 030JAZ heat pump outside. Last week I replaced the Thermostat (for economical reasons) and apparently purchased the wrong one the one I need is about $40 more so I put the old one back on. Made sure the wires...

Striped Black Wire in Home (cooktop connection) [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone: Got at new electric cooktop with the standard red, black, white and green wires coming out of it. . Home wire: Bare (ground), pure black, black with red stripe, black with red and white stripes. The pure black and the black with red stripe have 110v when tested. If these...

RTH221B wiring with only yellow and green wires [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Honeywell thermostat (rotary type). There are two wires, what seems to be green and maybe offwhite/yellow. They're coming off a late 1940s gas furnace with fan blower. I wired the yellow and green wires to the yellow and green terminals and the furnace and fan came on and never...

What does the colors green,white and yellow mean [ 8 Answers ]

What does the colors on the gauge of the condensing unit mean ,and how can I tell if I have a problem?

Green and Yellow creams [ 2 Answers ]

I have two little containers of face and body stuff. There's one green one that says "nourish", the yellow one says "nourish". They are really small little tubs. I assume they were once part of a set, because there are no additional markings on them. My question is this: What are they? Where...

View more questions Search