Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mvaughn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Career Guidance
    Hello all,
    I am a single parent of three young children and I just recently decided to go back to school after ten years I am currently 30. I was contemplating medical school- I have my BA but I need to catch up on my sciences. I would like to study optometry--I reside in the Pennsylvania area--are their scholarships for medical school students---GPA? I am really confused about the process. I am going to take babysteps though. Are there any books that I can research or look into to see if that field will be beneficial in my current situation. What road or avenue would you take or suggest. :confused:

I just need some direction I am searching for any assistance. I am not looking for a job I want to have a CAREER - which I enjoy and will be a learning process.Thank you..
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 09:27 AM
    Contact your local university or your graduate school in your location.

Find out about the career counseling the local universities offer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felon, in college, desperate for Career Guidance. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am In college, in my second year. I was going to get my Bachelor's in Human Resources-Counseling, with a minor in Drug/Alcohol Treatment, but I am afraid that there will not be very many jobs open. All I keep hearing is Health care.. Health care.. but I am not able to get a lot of jobs in...

Mid-Level Career Path guidance [ 4 Answers ]

hello all, I am new to this forum. Basically having total 9.5 years in IT, but I seek some urgent guidance to how proceed from here. Myself. Initial 4 years = went in hardware/network and basic Windows related troubleshooting. Next 5 years = core exp in helpdesk operaations /lead team /...

Could use some guidance [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 24 and am incredibly depressed. I haven't been able to smile for over a decade now. My teeth have rotten due to neglect. There is so much more to it psychologically than I could even begin to explain. I am terrified of the dentist and the feeling of hopelessness that I'll never be able to...

In need of some guidance. [ 20 Answers ]

Ever since I broke up with my girlfriend a year ago I have never been the same. My emotions are always running wild, from anger to just plain old crying at times. I always find myself listening to depressing music and I always feel down. I'm not sure how to explain but I feel like I'm desperate to...

View more questions Search