Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathraff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 06:34 AM
    Early release
    I was just wondering if it is possible for a probation officer to release you earlier from probation than what the judge has sentenced me to in NYS
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Hello Kat:

The PO can't change what the judge ordered. But, it's possible that you can be released early. It depends of the probation rules for your jurisdiction. Ask your PO. You're going to need his cooperation anyway. If he doesn't know, or won't help, ask his supervisor. If that doesn't work, ask to see a copy of the policy and procedures manual for the probation department. In it, you can find out what you need to know, and exactly how to do it.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Generally, that's not at the discretion of the probation officer. Whatever sentence the judge imposed, that's how long it's for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ip address release problem [ 4 Answers ]

Have a small network of aprox 850 computers. Mixed novel and Server 2003. Have one computer with error message, duplicate ip address. Tried ipconfig release and renew, that did not work. Unplugged the network connection and did release and renew again, still did not release the ip address. Put...

New release DVD's recommendations [ 8 Answers ]

Guys, I need some ideas of New Release DVD's to buy any ideas ? I've got King Kong and Harry Potter, but any others that are worth a punt.

Gas cap release [ 3 Answers ]

The gas cap release lever on my 2003 Honda Accord has stopped working. Periodically it will not release but does eventually release. This time it will not release and I am about out of gas! Does anyone know what is wrong or how to get the latch to release?

Release from a Lease [ 1 Answers ]

This may turn out to be a very confusing question, but I hope that I can get an answer (or perhaps just help finding the answer). I'm eighteen years old, and am living with my mother and younger sister in California. Up until a couple months ago, we were living in an apartment with my mother's...

View more questions Search