Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karen 1902 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Low hot water pressure
    We have installed a whirlpool bath and water pressure (hot) very low. Was not a problem before! Can anyone help or any suggestions to rectify?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 16, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by karen 1902
    We have installed a whirlpool bath and water pressure (hot) very low. Was not a problem before! Can anyone help or any suggestions to rectify?
    Hi Karen,

Sometimes when fixtures are replaced or changed pipes are disturbed and crud from the insde pipe walls will break off, get sucked up into the faucet and clog the inlet ports of the faucets cartridge impeding the flow. The solution is to shut the water off to the tub and take the faucet apart. Pull the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports. Before you reassemble the faucet turn the water back on for a moment to flush out the supplies.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 40 gallon water heater with copper pipes in the house. My problem is very low hot water pressure. The cold seems to be working fine. I also seem to run out of hot water fairly quickly while showering. This is a U.S. Craftmaster water heater that looks to be fairly new, though, I just...

Low hot water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I have just moved into my first house, its 35 years old and probably has the same low pressure water heater from back in the day when the house was built. We have a problem with our hot water in our shower only. Cold water is excellent but as soon as you want it hot it just trickels out. I have...

Low hot water pressure [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I bought a house one year ago. It has a submersible deep well pump. Pressure tank 20 gallon, on 40/20 psi. Oil furnace, with coil heating for hot water. The water was very hard. I installed softner 1 year ago. The pressure in the cold line is OK, but is very low on the hot line. Any...

Low Hot Water Pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I have tried every faucet in my house and they all have the same problem. When I run cold water the pressure is normal but when I turn the faucet to hot the water pressure goes way down. It still comes out and is hot but there isn't enough pressure to run a shower. Can anyone tell me why the how...

Low hot water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I am experiencing low hot water pressure in my home. The cold water pressure is fine, but the hot water is low.. Could it be the hot water heater:confused: ?

View more questions Search