Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 12:49 PM

I think bisexuality is more real that homosexuality.. and heterosexuality, for that matter. I see it more of a spectrum of bisexuality... a spectrum of attraction.

Attraction is just a force by which one thing is attracted to another... the way a moth is attracted to light. It doesn't necessarily mean the moth wants to have sex with the light.

And repulsion is a force by which things repel one another

So we all just have a certain level of attraction or repulsion for others. While some may argue that they are repulsed by the same sex, I don't think that is entirely true. You choose your friends by the qualities they have that you are attracted to. That doesn't have to include sexual attraction... but it doesn't have to exclude it either.

So to what degree is that attraction/repulsion?

"Straight" girls may get drunk and make out with other girls. But they have to be attracted enough to that girl (or girls in general) that they feel it is acceptable.

"Gay" boys may get drunk and make out with other girls so they, too, must have a certain level of attraction to them.

I, personally, would never be able to make out with another guy, drunk or not, because my level of attraction for men does not go THAT far.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 12:58 PM

I have heard people say that everybody has some bi/homosexuality to them because there are things they are attracted to of the same sex whether it be their hair or their personality, but then my question is I am attracted to flowers, sunset, animals, my kids,
    So how is thinking somebody of the same sex has nice hair, eyes or whatever being a form of bi/homo sexuality?
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 04:30 PM

Bisesuality is fake
    Okay, firstly it is Bisexuality.

Your comments about "Fake" sexual orientations both amuse and disturb me.

It always amazes me that people that understand the least about a subject seem to speak the loudest and have the most to say-strange that.

Does it really exist or is it an excuse for people to pursue their gay interest while not completely closing themselves off to straights? What is it about. Most girls are bi" is it just an attention scam? I rarely hear of bi guys
    Yes it REALLY exists. No it is not an excuse to pursue a "gay interest". Closing off from straights?? What??
    What is it about? It is a valid sexual orientation within the scope and spectrum of human sexuality.
    Most girls are Bi?? You have absolutely no idea.
    Seeking attention? Why would you want to seek attention when this group of people are the most ridiculed and put-down sexual orientation-because apparently it is "fake"?
    I rarely hear of BI guys. Well that's because societal pressures are placed onto this population-gay males are regularly seen in a good light, gay females-are even encouraged in some circles , and bi-females are seen as attractive to a great deal more of society both male and female because we think we may "have a chance" with that person regardless of our gender.

A great quote was said a while ago-a biker was asked about his tattoos and society's view of them-he said, "The difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't judge non-tattooed people"

I think the same can be said for people of different sexual orientations that we may not understand.

Come on people, loosen-up accept all variances within the spectrum of human sexuality and move-on! After all we all accept YOU.

Thanks for the rant.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I have heard people say that everybody has some bi/homosexuality to them because there are things they are attracted to of the same sex whether it be their hair or their personality, but then my question is I am attracted to flowers, sunset, animals, my kids,
    so how is thinking somebody of the same sex has nice hair, eyes or whatever being a form of bi/homo sexuality?

What if you looked at that question the other way around. I wouldn't say that THAT kind of attraction is a form of bi/homo sexuality but that bi/homo sexuality is a form of that kind of attraction.

Everything exists in a range of attraction or repulsion to everything else and it is by that range that we label or define the relationship.

Hmmm.. I wonder though... if that IS the case, could it be that there are different types of attraction that would be measured? Or would everything just be at different levels on the same scale? Anyway, that's a different discussion...

(obviously, this theory is still a work in progress heh)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:35 PM

yeah but like you say there are so many variables and so many people that anybody can fall in any one or more of many categories.
    I think the person I replied to the other day was not bi but felt the obligation to accept both rather than the socially taboo one.

I know that bi or homo or what you are saying is not an issue or choice of mine because basically I do not look at people sexually but as people/individuals and really I don't have much of any interest in the sexual aspects of anything.
    Now IF the RIGHT guy came along... :D
    klynntuck Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2009, 08:13 AM

Bisexual mean that your are attracted to both sexes and you explore both options. I explore all my options and enjoy them both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fake money [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend was recently got with five hundred dollars in fake money... I would like to know exactly what he will be facing at this point?

Fake I.D [ 1 Answers ]

What are the consequences for me of giving someone who is underage 21 my I.D and I am of age what can happen if they get caught with my I.D

Fake id [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I was wondering what happens if you get caught with a Fake ID in Vegas. I was wondering that when I went this weekend. A lot of people looked so young. :cool: I'm 19 and I was wondering. I'm not planning on getting one but am very curious of the penalties. :rolleyes: I know I know I...

Fake tan [ 1 Answers ]

How can I make my fake tan go darker, I usually use a the joinsons holiday sun, then put fake tan over it, but it doesn't ever seem to go that dark? X

View more questions Search