Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    den4kt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Punctured Freon Line in Refrigerator
    Can A punctured Freon line in a refrigerator be repaired?
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Jul 9, 2009, 01:11 PM

Depends where it is puntured... and if tech feels he can repair it. Might be cheaper to buy a new fridge though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator freon charge? [ 4 Answers ]

I've got an old refrigerator made in the early 90's. You can not read the name plate to find out what type of refrigerant it's charged with but it runs a lot, I've cleaned the condenser coil. I noticed that it has a piercing valve on the high side line and I know that those have a tendency to...

Vibrating freon line [ 1 Answers ]

The outside compressor on my Tappan 3 ton heat pump failed due to a short. After the new compressor was installed, the freon line began vibrating so much that it is rattling in the walls and the inside unit vibrates too. The technician lowered the amount of freon, which reduced the amount of...

Refrigerator freon line pinhole puncture on copper tube [ 2 Answers ]

Would an epoxy cement be a suitable repair material on the coper tubing or is the only solution to have it soldered if I wanted to repair the small hole leak?

Punctured freon line repair [ 3 Answers ]

I was defrosting the mini freezer behind my bar and puntured the freon line on the aluminum ice cube tray shelf. Is there any way to repair this, or do I have to discard the freezer

Spewing sound in Freon line [ 3 Answers ]

The Freon line to the central heat and air unit for the second floor unit run across the ceiling of my bedroom. Recently just before the air handler starts I hear a spewing, or gurgling sound. The unit appears to heat/cool OK. Is this something I should be concerned about? The outside unit is...

View more questions Search