Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mez1000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Sales calls to close ratio
    Hi, I am working on a cash flow forcast for a new venture and was wondering on average what percentage of calls made per day can be converted into sales?

On average there will be around 30 or so sales calls made per day.

The products and services offered are of high demand, are high quality and is being offered at much lower prices than that of competitors!

There will be sufficient advertising and marketing in place to also help build the brand.

Lets assume that the sales team will also be good enough to sale, then what would be the maths in working out the calls to sales ratio please?

Many thanks
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 11:15 AM

Are you cold calling? Using third-party leads? Incentivised leads? Opt-in leads?

Jul 9, 2009, 01:26 PM

Will be cold calling. Thanks
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 01:40 PM

Well, there is no way to really give you an accurate ratio because each business is different.

When we did cold calls, we would strive for a 10:1 contact/appointment ratio. And about 3 appointments to close. So that's a 30:1 call to close ratio. However, we didn't always meet that mark.

On the other hand, our opt-in leads would close at about an 8:1 ratio.

Jul 10, 2009, 01:45 AM

Thank you DrJizzle. All the best

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sales $300,000, cost $265,000, year end of $2000,00 effect on ROE if 60% dbt ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Last year Charter Corp. had sales of $300,000, operating costs of $265,000, and year-end assets of $200,000. The debt-to-total-assets ratio was 25%, the interest rate on the debt was 10%, and the firm's tax rate was 35%. The new CFO wants to see how the ROE would have been affected if the firm...

Sales Price per unit, contribution margin ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Having a problem with finding a sales price per unit.

Sales to close ratio [ 3 Answers ]

How can I determine a sales call to close ratio?

How to identify close ratio [ 2 Answers ]

How to calcuate a close ration, by comparing number of calls made (prospects) to actual sales (closed).

Close Ratio? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure how to reply to the question on a sales application "What is my closed sale conversion rate?" I'm new to the sales field and currently work for a very small company so I don't know. Need answer ASAP... What does the above term mean?:

View more questions Search