Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerieischillin Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 10:34 AM
    Why do I have Hallucinations?
    I keep having hallucinations.I once thought a table cloth was my mom and it wasn't.I thought once bugs were on the wall when nothing was.I don't know what's wrong with me :(.I try to stop it,everything time I look at something,it's a hallucination.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 11:10 AM

In view of your other posts and other health issues, you really do need to talk to a responsible person (perhaps a parent) and see a Physician. This is nothing that can be answered on this Board - in my opinion.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Jul 9, 2009, 11:12 AM

You sound as though you maybe very very tired, to the point of exhaustion. Our minds can play tricks on us sometimes, and we see things differently. I know when I have been totally stressed out and exhausted there's been times that I've seen something of which looked like a cat for example! When I don't have any pets. I know these times come when I'm so tired. The mind is a powerful thing!

If your not stressed or really tired then I suggest you go and see your doctor and tell them what's happening.
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Jul 9, 2009, 11:54 AM

I don't want to scare you but I really think you need to see a doctor asap!Hallucinations are a common symptom of schizophrenia,I think halluinations are caused by neurons randomly firing in your brain.Seriously go to the doctor.

Jul 9, 2009, 07:33 PM

Yea,I have been getting a little tired,and u right,thanks
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:35 PM

Is there any medication your on, over the counter or not?

How long have you been experiencing this for?

Yes, seeing a doctor is very important. Like others have mention there are quite a few possibilities.

I also believe allergic reactions to certain chemicals and other things can have an effect on what you see as well.

Take care.

Jul 9, 2009, 07:47 PM

No,I'm nit on no medicine at all,and for about weeks all of a sudden
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 09:58 PM

I agree, with your other posts about your health and this one, I strongly urge you to speak to a doctor. If your mother will not take you, see your counselor in school and let them know that you NEED to see a doctor and your not getting to one.

Jul 13, 2009, 07:47 AM

Oh,well,school's not even in yet but OK,ill try it,thank you
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 4, 2009, 07:23 AM

Drink water because you might be dehydrated. People who are lost in the desert hallucinate a lot of things, like airplanes in the sky when its only a bird or something. It's because they're tired and dehydrated. DRINK WATER

Aug 5, 2009, 02:50 PM

JudyKayTee, you do understand this is an Advice, see? I'm not a doctor, either are most of us, but we can give positive advices to each other. I'm not trying to get the person to go find some medicines to take or something, I'm just telling her to drink water because that may help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    JudyKayTee, you do understand this is an Advice, see? I'm not a doctor, either are most of us, but we can give positive advices to each other. I'm not trying to get the person to go find some medicines to take or something, I'm just telling her to drink water because that may help.
    The problem with your "advice" is that this person may decide that drinking water is the cure and decide not to see a doctor, which is really the only course of action to take.

Hallucinations can be caused by many things, dehydration included, but we're not sure that's what's causing this, only a doctor can diagnose this condition.

You have a right to your opinion, everyone on this site does, but to offer an alternative to seeing a doctor, without being sure your alternative is correct, that can have a very serious effect on the OP.

This isn't a forum to guess on.

That's my opinion. :)
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Aug 5, 2009, 03:52 PM

Besides schizophrenia, hallucinations can also occur during very intense bouts of depression. Have you been feeling very depressed lately?

No matter what it is, if you're seeing things, it's definitely time to call in the experts!

The doctor, I mean. See a DOCTOR.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2009, 08:18 PM

One thing you should do besides going to the doctors and the psychatrists is take vitamin B complex.
    Many people with disorders like this lack vitamin B, especially B6
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 06:00 AM
    This person is 12 years old. I can pretty much guarantee that the hallucinations, if they are true hallucinations, are not caused by dehydration so severe that the response by Survivorboi will help the situation.

If you all read the OPs other threads, you will notice a pattern develop. This pattern is NOT caused by dehydration, but rather some other disorder that should receive medical attention.
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Aug 6, 2009, 06:41 AM

JudyKayTee I apologize.I was wrong.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2009, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly23 View Post
    JudyKayTee I apologize.I was wrong.

I've got to say this, Holly - you have blown me away with your apology - no harm, no foul - and thank you. Hope I see you around the board.

If I can use this post to preach a little bit - I "almost always" take a look at history, past postings before I answer. Very often things are not as they seem. People answer without reading the whole thread a lot of times or without having any idea of the background.

<clunk> Off my soapbox.

Aug 6, 2009, 06:32 PM

Yup, I agree. Should see the doctors, drinking water is just a common thing to do, it's just the surface, but finding out the roots of the cause is the main concern.

Aug 28, 2009, 09:36 PM

Yes,I have been getting depressed,angry,and confused lately.thank you guys.im going to do all of you guys advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hallucinations with morphine [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has taken morphine for a long time for chronic pancreatitis. Lately, he has been having severe hallucinations, confusion, and drowsiness. I know some of this is to be expected, but it is very severe. What should I do (He thinks he is fine)?

Nutmeg hallucinations? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend Sarah says she wants to get high off nutmeg. Apparently, this is possible. I also heard that if you do it, it feels like the worst hangover on the planet. I am afraid this will hurt her body. Will this kill her? Can she get addicted to it like LSD or any other drug? How can I talk...

View more questions Search