Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mahala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Possession of marijuana on military base
    Hello,

I was given my ticket on May 30th for possession of a small amount of marijuana and on a US military base, absolute huge mistake. It is July 08 and I am waiting on my summons, but I will be out of town from July 14th to July 30th. My question is: how much time would the federal court allow before response to a summons? And does one have to be present when receiving a summons? Anything would be helpful.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 08:05 PM

Hello M:

You'll probably get the summons in the mail and you should have plenty of time until your first hearing. That would be a good time to hire a lawyer.

excon
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Jul 8, 2009, 10:50 PM

Military law is very different than civilian law, so be careful.

If you're in the military:There is a 99% chance that the militRY won't care about you being out of town, unless it's a deployment or death in the IMMEDIATE family. Sorry to say, you very well might get a Dishonorable Discharge. The military has a zero tolerance for drug use.

(I'm a veteran)

Go to JAG immediately!

Not in the miliary: The punishment for committing crimes involving/in the vicinity of soldiers especially on post are severe. Get a lawyer!! Soldiers are government property, any harm done to them by another party are subject to severe punishment.

The armed forces will not see this as simply as the regular police do. You're not going to get much, if any, leeway...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gold base and blue base hair color [ 2 Answers ]

I have many times colored my hair in years past. I always used miss clairols blondest beige and it always turned out fine. About 4 years ago I grew it all out my natural color. Light light brown (dishwater blonde) Anyway.. last night.. I decided to color my hair I bought lightest golden blonde...

Underage consumption and possession of marijuana [ 4 Answers ]

This is a hell of a story and I am scared less... It all started with me and crown royal, I got wasted at a friends house and I hardly ever do this. My car is messed up so you have to pull a fuse to turn the brake lights on and off so it was night time and I turned my tail lights off so I...

NC Probate and possession of a house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping someone can clarify this whole probate on an estate thing for me. If someone is willed a house and property at what time are they supposed to be able to begin living there? The situation is that a mother, recently deceased, left a house and some land to her son, with the...

Dry laid Flagstone: sub-base only, or sub-base and base? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Northern VA and am installing dry laid 1.5" natural cleft flagstone on 4" of bluestone sub-base. I'd like this 500 sq ft. patio to last 20 years or more. My question: Is it overkill to add 2" of stonedust as a base on top of the bluestone sub-base, or is this unnecessary? If my...

Can I get a military base pass with a Bad Conduct Discharge? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if having a BCD would prohibit me from getting a military base pass? My current job will involve me dealing with civilian contractors on several military bases. I will be sponsored by one of the companies currently doing business with the bases. I do not want to cause any...

View more questions Search