Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoahJames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Washer machine drains while filling
    Why does my washer machine drain while filling?
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jul 9, 2009, 09:42 PM

Your house drain is draining slow or the discharge tube is pushed down too far into the trap on the drain. The drain is siphoning the water out of the machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My washing machine overflows when filling. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my Kenmore washer, series 80 heavy duty. It will not stop filling and overflows. What part is causing this issue?

Washer drains while filling [ 3 Answers ]

My washing machine continues to drain the water out even as I'm trying to fill it to wash. Any suggestions on what to do? Many thanks.

Washing machine leaks when filling [ 1 Answers ]

Troubleshooting tips for a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washing machine that leaks water when filling? Do you think it's the pump? Can it be a home repair? Thanks!

Drains backing up, only when washing machine drains [ 2 Answers ]

My tubs are backing up only when my washing machine drains. I thought it was my sewer line and used an auger to clear that, but it's still happening. Could I need a new washer? This one is over 10 years old.

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

View more questions Search