Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dellicate Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Calm me down
    Does anyone know of any thing I can take to calm me down. I am very stressed out and feel like something bad is going to happen all the time. Something natural is preferred. I do not do well with medications.

Please advise, thanks.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 05:06 PM

You can try keeping the lights dim when you can. Try taking baths with soothing bath oils like lavender and sandlewood.
    Drink Chamomile or passionflower tea.
    Listen to music that relaxes you.
    Learn to think about things that aren't so stressful rather than leaving your mind dwell on your problems.

*** Also sublingual vitamin B12 is good for stress
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Jul 11, 2009, 09:11 AM

Some good answers from Nohelp there. Just to add, I find listening to gentle soft music very helpful, and meditating too helps you to relax and calm the mind. Best time of day is probably the morning before you start your day if you can.

Plus breathing exercises can help too.

I understand what you mean, and your probably feeling overwhelmed. Have you not tried to look into why you feel like you do? What the problem maybe, what it is that's stressing you out. You need to work on that and try your best to sort that out,then you can begin to feel less stressed and feeling like bad things are going to happen to you.

I also understand what you mean by medication to, I don't like it either and always tried to go the natural way. You could also try a Bach Flower Remedy called 'Rescue Remedy' that is used to calm people down, it is mainly for shock but it can help.
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:15 AM

Yeah I know a lady that uses the Bach Rescue and she won't use anything else.
    Also I don't really like those meditation for relaxing CD's so much so I was thinking of getting one of the Native American CD's from the NA's at the flea market.

Jul 11, 2009, 09:33 AM

Yeah it just depends on your tastes and what makes you feel comfortable. I don't like anything with whales in usually, they sound to me as though they are in pain!

My favourtie healing cd is 'Music for Healing' by Stephen Rhodes calms me every time. :) CD: STEPHEN RHODES - Music for Healing - Healing Music

Also another good one that calms is Llewellyn - Reiki Recommended CD's for Healing

Sorry I didn't mean to hjack the thread, was just giving out some suggestions really. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:42 AM

Hijack?
    Where?
    When?

Your suggestions are good.

Jul 11, 2009, 09:45 AM

I think the OP was after alternative medicine, something they could take instead of coventional medicine. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 09:54 AM

Bachs and the music ~~~they are the alternatives :D
    Reikisunbeam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Try going to a Reiki Master for Reiki. It is an alternative type of healing. If you find it calming as 99% of the clients do, then you may want to take some classes in it so that you can perform Reiki on yourself. It works, it calms, it relaxes and heals.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2009, 05:59 PM

Maybe St. john's wart?
    mrscjr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 06:24 PM

I use breathing exercises and [guided] imagery. Short-term benefit is that it helps lower stress levels, long-term is that it often takes more stress to bring on anxiety, and improves blood circulation and oxygenation when done regularly.

Melatonin can be helpful too, but can cause drowsiness.

If your anxiety is interfering with normal functioning, it might be helpful to see a therapist to help you identify the underlying cause.

Best to you.
    gracedescending Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 07:04 PM

I know always feel very mellow and relaxed when I take an epsom salt bath. Nothing like it. :>
    StopKatieTime Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2013, 09:49 AM
    If you have a small pet, holding it on your lap can calm you down. A cat's purring is very relaxing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Calm My Dog Down? [ 6 Answers ]

I just got a kitten today and ever since we took her out of the cat carrier in the car my dog will not stop barking, whining, jumping and chasing at the kitten. She will not leave it alone at all! My kitten is TERRIFIED!! How do I get my dog to stop and just calm down?? :confused::confused:

How to calm my dog down [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 4 mth old lab and I'm trying to calm her down how do I calm her down

How do I calm down my puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have an adorable 4 month old chihuahua x jack russell called meg. I love her but at night she never settles down. I've tried massages, exercise and yawning at her. I need some help ?

School is almost here and I need something to calm me down [ 8 Answers ]

I'm freaking so badly. :( This is my last year in middle school so I'm freaking about how when 8th grade is over I'm going to high school. Another reason is mostly because my classes are advance and are very hard and they'll be time consuming and I'm very slow at learing thingss so I'm afarid...

How to calm down my dog [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2yr old dog who is very hyper. Every time I let her out she squeaks, and runs down the stairs and on my way down the stairs she runs back up and jumps all over me till I let her out the door. She does this every time I let her out.

View more questions Search