Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshuaraysmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Military law
    I've been in the navy for 2 yrs now never in trouble no misconducts good outstanding sailor got all 5.0 evals on fourth of July weekend I got drunk took some zanax and ibuprofen 800
    Got into a fight with my best friend I ended up with a broken nose I've been interviewed by the navy security wroten a statement admitted to drinking and taking pills the person who assaulted me is lying saying I assaulted him and my wife I don't remember much of the night but my wife's says he assaulted me I'm being questioned by ncis about assault and illegal narcotics use during the interview I requested a layer be present and they said OK and just stopped the quetioning and tolld me to leave on top of that I passed a piss test and the navy security is questioning me about false official statement and wrongful use of prescription meds but I didn't really know zanax was a prescription med the person who assaulted me sold them to me for ten dollars and told me he got them off the internet and they were legal and he is lying about the whole him giving me the zanax ordeal but he poped on the pee test for excatasy and zanax as well as lortabs and marajuana what can I do what could happen to me my command doesn't believe me because I lied to the police about being in a fight when I went to the emergency room?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:31 PM

If he had all that AND zanax in his system then that should somewhat prove he may have had something to do with the zanax.
    If he got them off the internet I would think they could trace the credit card he used.

Did others see the fight or him giving you the pills? Is he known for taking pills?
    militarymom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 05:39 PM
    I am an Active Duty Pharmacist. I can tell nyou the under UCMJ , since you admitted to taking Xanax, the can prosecute you for unlawful use. The only thing that could help you in the sentencing phase is your clean record. The military is not very flexible when it comes to drug use, esp when alcohol is involved. As far as for why you did not pop positive on your UA, it is because Xanax is very fast acting . It does not stay in your system long. As long as they don't take a hair analysis you should be fine. You could also offer to be a witness against the guy who sold you the Xanax. He will definetely get a harsher sentence. Hope this helped a little.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting into the Military [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get into the military(Army, Navy, Marines, etc. if I have a felony conviction? Who should I contact to get in?

Military man [ 3 Answers ]

This guy is deployed in iraq right now, an is married. He told me that he still has feelings for me an still wants to be with me, an he also said that he is not geographically married since his wife isn't around. I'm just wondering about the rules with this.

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search