Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 8, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Kinds of Champagne
    Does anyone know of a good kind of champagne?? One that is on the fruity side?? I can't seem to find a good bottle.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 01:53 PM

If you like fruity, stick to the Asti. There are several decent brands. Pick one in your price range.

Personally, Veuve Cliquou (sp?) is my favorite... bright yellow bottle. Good stuff. Kind of pricey.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 01:54 PM

Cooks is good, and inexpensive too.

Jul 9, 2009, 06:11 AM

Thanks! I'll try all of them eventually lol. But I'm leaning towards the Asti.

I bought a bottle of champagne one time and it tasted like beer. It was so nasty. I tried mixing orange juice in it but that really didn't make too much a difference. It was the dry kind

Jul 9, 2009, 06:11 AM
    So the Asti is a fruity champagne?? What flavor?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    So the Asti is a fruity champagne???????????? What flavor?
    Um... fruit flavor? I don't know... just 'fruity'
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:11 AM

I guess it's grape. I had no idea. I just knew it was good.

Asti Spumante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 9, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Now, please remember, Champagne ONLY comes from a small region in France. Everything else is simply sparkling wine.

Asti, is an Italian sparkler made from Muscat grapes, producing a sweeter, fruitier style that tends to be low in alcohol.

Champagne, at least the majority exported, tends to be Brut, which is basically dry in style.
    There are other types of Champagne available, but they are harder to come by.
    If you want a fruitier/sweeter style look out for Demi-Sec or even Doux.

There are also a large number of sparkling wines from other countries that are very different stylistically to Champagne.
    As a rule of thumb, the warmer the climate the fruitier the style.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Now, please remember, Champagne ONLY comes from a small region in France. Everything else is simply sparkling wine.
    That is true. I learned that on Wayne's World.

Jul 9, 2009, 08:46 AM

Oh OK. Thanks! I appreciate you guys for the help. I don't know too much about alcoholic drinks lol. I just grab what I think I might like
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2009, 10:32 AM

My tastes seem very similar to yours and Balitore is my favorite... it's wonderful and it's only, like, $7 a bottle! You should give it a try. I think I might stop and get a bottle tonight too! Lol!

Jul 16, 2009, 07:11 AM

Lol! I will definitely give it a try then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Recommend a Champagne [ 3 Answers ]

Since my fiancé and I have gotten engaged I always buy a bottle of champagne for the day we got engaged. I usually buy a bottle of Perrier-Jouet. But since money is a tight this year I was wondering what would be a good champagne that is just not as expensive as Perrier-Jouet. Thanks!

Mumms champagne value [ 1 Answers ]

what is the value of my 1966 bottle of cordon rouge/mumms champagne? I understand 1966 was an excellent year. james derren

Original Engravings by Phillipe Champagne - looking for more information and value. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My relative in New York has on their wall an Original Engraving that was made for Napoleon Bonaparte in 1805 (that is what it says on the back) LES RELIGUISE by Phillipe Champagne. Water color by Adelle Clemens. Just wondering. I was asked if there is anything I would like to have from...

Seven Kinds Of Sex [ 5 Answers ]

SEVEN KINDS OF SEX Results of a recent research shows that there are 7 kinds of sex. The 1st kind of sex: Smurf Sex. * This kind of sex happens when you first meet someone, and you both Have sex until you are blue in the face. The 2nd kind of sex: Kitchen Sex.

Seven Kinds [ 2 Answers ]

Seven kinds of Sex The 1st kind of sex is called: Smurf Sex. This kind of sex happens when you first meet someone and you both have sex until you are blue in the face. The 2nd kind of sex is called: Kitchen Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for a short time and you...

View more questions Search