Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muki72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 10:50 AM
    GE frig running constantly and food in freezer very frosty
    My GE frig runs constantly. Only 5 years old. Made a banging sound a few months ago, once. It has auto defrost. Freezer food is very frosty (snowy). Not dusty underneath. Checked temp controls. Did trouble shooting from booklet. Still nothing. Now the frig won't hold temperature, maybe 50. Freezer still frosty. Any suggestions?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2009, 03:57 AM

Check the defrost timer. It should come on once a day or so. Defrost everything completely (well, not the food) and make sure the vent damper is moving freely and that air passages are not blocked.

I'm not sure what the banging sound could have been.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fridge not cold,freezer is frosty.Whirlpool [ 5 Answers ]

Exactly that... the fridge isn't working like it should,the freezer works fine... but its frosty on the inside... inside of fridge seems to be condensating

Frig/freezer inconsistent temps [ 2 Answers ]

Whirlpool side by side, having trouble regulating temps, will get warm, then I adjust the controls and the compressor starts, then cools off too much. Seems to work OK for a while then is either high temps or low temps. Checked condenser coils and they are clean. Have not been over adjusting the...

Can I plug a Freezer and a Frig into the same outlet? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to add a Freezerless refrigerator to my garage which already has an upright freezer. I would like to plug it into the same GFI outlet. Is this too much for one outlet to handle? Should these be "stand-alone"?

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

View more questions Search