Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meli8165 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 09:14 AM
    2 months of missed periods-Negative pregnancy test!
    This is the second month I have gone without getting my period. I am 25, have not had a weight gane, not under a lot of stress and I am on the pill. I have never had this problem in 10 years of being on the pill and my nurse told me if the test is negative and I got my period the month before that I can't be pregnant and to start my normal pack of pills. Now this is the second month of not getting my period what is going on?
    Nin13 Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2009, 10:33 AM

There is physiological adaptation in certain females who due to some reasons are underweight or malnourished.
    What's your weight? Is your BMI in normal range?
    The stress of blood loss becomes too much on body and this can even stop menstural bleeding.

Anyway some pregnancy can give false negative result if done early in pregnancy. Say within 4 weeks. Because most of there tests depends on HCG levels which rise significantly to be detected only late, say after 4 weeks of pregnancy. I would advice another pregnancy test.

If problem does not solve then, visit to Obstetrician is last resort and a Ultrasound examination of abdomen should give full answer to your problem.
    meli8165 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 10:41 AM

My weight is deffinatley not an issue I am 5"8' and 145 lbs. Nothing drastic has changed in my lifestyle. Last month I took two test one a coupld days after the missed period and then one right before I started my next pill pack. I would have to be at least a couple months along if I was pregnant, wouldn't something show up positive?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 10:54 AM

You said last month you took the tests. What about this month? I agree, take another test and if you're still concerned I'd call the dr.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 10:56 AM

Hello hon. Relax. Sometimes its normal to skip periods. I skip months all the time. I have a period every other month or 2.

The key is to RELAX. Stress will delay your period farther. Are you married or in a relationship? If you can and want to, have sex. Sex is a sure fire way to get your period going. I literally start my period a day after sex even if I'm not due for weeks.

Talk to your doctor. Irregular cycles is something he needs to be aware of anyway. And he can do a more complete preganncy test on you to make sure.

Good luck hon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've missed I think a few periods but test is negative! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, 3 months ago I was on a numerous amount of antibiotics, so I stopped taking the pill, as I thought what was the point as the pill wouldn't work anyhow. Well when me and my hubby first had intercourse I led to believe he used a condom (I was under the influrence of alcohol at the time)...

2 Missed Periods, Negative Blood Test [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I haven't gotten my period since Nov. 23. I took a blood pregnany test on Jan. 11th but it was non pregnancy. Before I got the results back from the pregnancy test my doctor checked my cervix and scheduled me for a sonogram in two weeks. (this Friday) I am really scared because I don't...

Missed Periods, negative pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Im 21 and I'm now 9 days late for my period,. I came off the pill about a year ago and from July 09 I had no period until November, went to the docs and they said because I came off the pill that is why my period hasn't come... had a blood test and found out I was borderlining on an inactive...

Two missed periods and all negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't had a period since November 26 2008 and today's date is February 13th 2009. I have taken three pregnancy test and they all were negative I usually have a period every month this is really freaking me out. I have the symptoms of being pregnant, morning sickness, hot flashes, backaches,...

View more questions Search