Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j9aat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 10:36 PM
    Upstairs Lights Aren't Working
    I have attempted to change a light fitting on my landing and now none of my lights are working upstairs.

I have checked the fuses at the board (which are ok) and have also re-installed the original light fitting back in the correct wiring pattern.

Anyone got any ideas?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 10:50 PM

How many wires are in ceiling box? What are their colors? How do u have wires hooked up?

Give us this info and we will be able to help u.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tail light, dashboard lights, gear lights not working [ 11 Answers ]

My dashboard , tail lights are not working anymore and I can't figure out why. I gave my car to one of the mechanic and he could'nt figure it out as well. There was a tingy smell coming out of the car after lights went out as if something in the car got fried. Moreover, now he says that whenever he...

Track Lighting: 6 pendant lights/4 sections of track 2 lights not working? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Here is the situation. Two light bulbs blew. Our handy man told us that when you replace the bulbs 12v that you can not touch them or they will keep blowing. So we used gloves and changed the two blown bulbs. Voilą! Light. About 3 days later the first one blew again and then the...

All upstairs lights on 1 circuit! [ 5 Answers ]

Downstairs was rewired and updated but the 2nd floor apt lighting is still the old post and tube system. The outlets are updated with romex running to them. But there are about 8 overhead lights in all the rooms that run on 1 circuit. Was wondering if I should replace the breaker with AFCI? ...

Heating working upstairs but not downstairs! [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on our gas fired central heating all the radiators upstairs heat up and work as normal. However, every radiator downstairs is cold. There are 2 thermostats 1 for up and 1 for down but I haven't touched either of them? Is it a fuse or is the gas boiler itself?

1994 MGM, Parking lights and side marker lights not working? [ 5 Answers ]

MY parking lights and side marker lights are not working, also my gauge lights are not working. When I press the brakes, all my lights work, my headlights also work and my turn signals and hazard lights turn on, but my inside gauge lights, side marker lights, and parking lights are not on. What...

View more questions Search