Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 08:41 PM
    ? 4 sndbay -- others on earth besides Adam & Eve
    I have said I believe in the gap theory partly because of Genesis 1:2 says the earth was without form and void and in the six day creation it doesn't say anything more about the earth being made rather more about it being shaped with the land and the waters.
    Even so I do not believe that there were people on the earth from a prior existence of the earth (I do not believe the earth was habitated by humans at any prior existence) nor do I believe God created other humans during the six day creatiion.

Sndbay has said that you have to believe there were people besides Adam and Eve because Genesis 1:27 says So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Then later in chapter 2 he says he created man and woman (Adam and Eve.

I believe from Genesis 2:4 on is simply reinstating what was outlined in Genesis 1:3 -2:3

I do not believe there were others besides Adam and Eve because Adam and Eve ate the fruit and God dealt with them and only them. Therefore the others would either have had to have been in sin nature already or they would still be without sin.
    They could not have been in sin nature because God did his 6 day creation he said ''It is good'' No sin and corruption or defilement existed between then and Adam and Eve's fall.

Just some of the Bible verses that support that Adam was the first man and we all came from Adam and Eve
    Genesis 3:20 calls Eve “the mother of all living.”

1 Corinthians 15:22 “in Adam all die” and “in Christ shall all be made alive”

1 Corinthians
    15:45, “And so it is written, 'The first man Adam became a living being

Acts 17:24-26 Paul says to the Athenians, “God, who made the world and
    everything in it... has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on
    all the face of the earth…”

Adam literally means first man and the Bible also says that there was no mate suitable for Adam so he created Eve.

So that is part of the reason I do not believe there were other people on the earth before the fall.

Anybody else care to help expound/explain why they do not believe there were others here when Adam and Eve were created?
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

Jul 11, 2009, 05:55 AM

If there were others before Adam and Eve, there would have been death before sin. If there were death before sin then the Bible is wrong when it states that death entered the world through the sin of one man(Adam) If there was already death before sin, then sin would not be the cause of death(the wages of sin is death) What would the death of Jesus accomplish if there was death before there was even sin in the world?
    The Bible also says that "all creation groans" waiting for the final release and freedom from sin and death.
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 05:58 AM

Exactly that sums it up precisely!
    Thank you
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Sndbay has said that you have to believe there were people besides Adam and Eve because Genesis 1:27 says So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Then later in chapter 2 he says he created man and woman (Adam and Eve.
    Sndbay does not tell people they have to believe... Please quote me on that fact.

And Sndbay has said: There are to many unanswered questions to suggest a confirmed answer can be acknowledged.

The scripture verse (Genesis 1:27) will always be (So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them) The meaning of this is showing the reference of God's image of righteousness which God created us to be, and God is who created male and female.

Scripture continues to say in (Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day)

(Genesis 2:4) suggests "these" noted to plural, are the generations. The generations of what? The hose of everything on earth and heaven declared as finished(Genesis 2:1)

It is possible the male and female generations created on the sixth day are being placed in locations of land, starting with a man/Adam, and all that his lineage would mean to us.

From the beginning these would be the chosen children of God. God would watch over, guide and protect them, Why? because Christ being the begotten Son of God would come through this lineage. The ONE above all flesh who would come to be power and dominion over all on earth, as it is in Heaven
    Just some of the Bible verses that support that Adam was the first man and we all came from Adam and Eve
    Genesis 3:20 calls Eve “the mother of all living.”
    The mother of all living because Christ would come.(In Christ shall all be made alive)

1 Corinthians 15:22 “in Adam all die” and “in Christ shall all be made alive”
    1 Cor15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Noted in the goal from the beginning: 1 Cor 15:24-25 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1 Corinthians
    15:45, “And so it is written, 'The first man Adam became a living being
    1 Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Noted that man is also called Adam/man/blood that are begotten again in Christ thus born of the spiritual

Acts 17:24-26 Paul says to the Athenians, “God, who made the world and
    everything in it...has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on
    all the face of the earth…”
    Yes we all are one of human blood and flesh, of natural not spiritual when begotten of man.

Adam literally means first man and the Bible also says that there was no mate suitable for Adam so he created Eve.
    Adam (120 translation hebrew word 'adam) = man, mankind,human being
    Adam (121 translation hebrew word 'Adam) = first man "red"
    Adam (76 translation greek word Adam) the first man, the parent of the whole human family "the red earth"
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:16 PM

I didn't say that you told others what they have to believe I was saying that from what you said that is my take on what you believe.

Yes one man cursed us all through the generations BORN through Adam and Eve .
    Yes one man ADAM the first man, the parent of the whole human family "the red earth"
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:36 PM
    I didn't say that you told others what they have to believe I was saying that from what you said that is my take on what you believe.
    Thank you for clearly saying it is what you comprehend.. I honestly trust we can't be sure either way. And I think man puts to much importance on themselves rather then on what God has intended in Christ.

yes one man cursed us all through the generations BORN through Adam and Eve .
    Yes one man ADAM the first man, the parent of the whole human family "the red earth"
    HIS generations which begin in Seth and not Cain the Kenite?
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:44 PM

Yep
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:49 PM
    yep
    Then what about the Kenites? What is your thoughts on them?
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:59 PM

I am not sure exactly how gentiles and non Jews originated or their exact significance and all but I do believe these things happened with Cain, Abraham's offspring (arab/Israel conflict), Jacob and Esau,

I know the origins of the continents like Cush, Gog and Magog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man and Adam [ 114 Answers ]

Today, I read the following passage: Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the...

Why Adam? Why Eve? [ 5 Answers ]

I've always wondered about this very fundamental question. Who SAID, their names were Adam and Eve? If these were the first and only humans in the world, and they bore sons Cain, Abel, and other children, who did their children sleep with to create the grandchildren of Adam and Eve? Does this...

Adam and Eve [ 65 Answers ]

I truly believe that Adam and Eve didn't physically pick an apple off a tree and eat it, it's symbolic. And, what really happened was the serpent beguiled them into sex and so then they figured out they were naked. Am I the only one? I have a hard time finding people who were taught this way,too.

Adam & Eve [ 22 Answers ]

From the scripture, we were told that Adam and Eve were the 1st people created by God. Eve was Adam's wife. And if I may be correct, it was further said that all men/women on earth came from Adam and Eve. The question remains: How did people multiple? Does it mean that Adam's 1st son married his...

Adam and Eve or Others? [ 36 Answers ]

This idea came out from somebody I know and it got me to think about it as well. Everybody knows the story about how Adam and Eve is the start of human race and we came from them. That would mean we are all brothers and sisters and we are all related. Now here is the question. Is it possible...

View more questions Search